Empire update to 1.15 - The Aquatic Buzzy Village update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Could you send a screenshot of what the physical setup is so we can try to recreate it?
    _Susu_ likes this.
  2. I had a chunk that was doing then when I entered it from only one specific side. It was fixed after a previous update, hopefully it didn’t get broken again from another update lol
    _Susu_ and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. It's doing it for me in many chunks in my area (859, 752, 1070, etc), not just a few specifc chunks. :/
    _Susu_ likes this.
  4. Apologies if this sounds ungrateful for the work being done, because I am not. If fortress's witch huts, etc. can't (or won't) be fixed is there something that can be done going forward to prevent them from breaking again? Not sure if that is in your control or not. I ask because I have to start a 3rd outpost now due to broken farms. I use them so I can build other things and kind of rely on them.
    _Susu_ and Sprhyngtime like this.
  5. Update issues will continue to be problematic, but we'll try to adjust where we can to remove factors that cause them to break with updates.
    _Susu_, ThaKloned and PetezzaDawg like this.
  6. Didn't even see that lol Thanks!
    _Susu_ likes this.
  7. As far as I know EMC enabled some stuff after 1.8 to prevent farms breaking like this ever again, but 1.13 was such a massive code restructuring that it broke these types of structures and they might not have thought to check for that when updating EMC given all the other massive issues they ran into. What does strike me as weird though is some of my friends farms didn't break, bryanm61's farm's bounding box just shifted down a chunk, and lost a chunk at the end, but it still works pretty well. I'm also pretty sure bitemenow's farm still works, could be remembering wrong though.

EDIT: I'm not entirely sure how feasible this is, but I think there might be ways you can manually insert structures into the world in vanilla minecraft or world edit. Is it possible we could have our farms/structures fixed with these methods?
    _Susu_ likes this.
  8. As Krysyy mentioned. We are mitigating the nether fortress situation in a future update. But I have not received any definitive reports on witch huts being broken so far. If those reports start coming in, they won't be fixable in the same way we will be fixing fortresses.
    _Susu_ and ThaKloned like this.
  9. i have a witch farm and it works perfectly fine
    _Susu_ likes this.
  10. Huh, which farm do you have? :rolleyes:
  11. Haha :p
    _Susu_ likes this.
  12. I get about 4-5 seconds 4 to 10 seconds of lag whenever I teleport anywhere, and this only started today... I've not changed any settings or anything. I don't think the render distance changes should affect me since I have my render distance set to 4 chunks... anyone else besides Tom having this issue as well?
  13. I third that bug
    _Susu_ likes this.
  14. And also now, lots of TPS issues. 14TPS on SMP1, 8TPS on SMP2, 14TPS on SMP3, 15TPS on SMP5, 16TPS on utopia...
    jewael_king and _Susu_ like this.
  15. this update went backwards lol (the one that was today not the 1.15.2 one just for context)
    _Susu_ likes this.
  16. Any chance you could give some insight regarding how the spawning behavior will be adjusted? It would be nice to be able to accommodate my farming plans to whatever the new mechanic will be so that I don't waste a bunch of time building a farm around a mechanic that ends up being unrelated to how they spawn.

At the very least, will currently-working fortresses continue to spawn wither skeles after these changes are deployed?
    _Susu_ and ThaKloned like this.
  17. Current working fortresses will continue to work. The rest of the details are still being finalized. We think we know how it will play out - but there is always a chance that things could change - and I would prefer that we don't have to make a misleading statement in that scenario.
    _Susu_, 607 and Sprhyngtime like this.
  18. That's fine, I just wanted to make sure current fortresses will still work. Thanks :)
    _Susu_ and 607 like this.
  19. I noticed the server's render distance was increased. It looks awesome. :)
  20. I built one on SMP3 at Wild SE just go to the nether hub. It's efficiency depends on how many players are online though.
    _Susu_ likes this.