Empire Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. What is meant by "You may not end an auction before the posted ending time", or more specifically, what is the posted ending time in an auction?
  2. There is an ending time, for example, many auctioneers choose to say "24 hours after the last valid bid is when the auction ends". If you say that in the original post, then you are not allowed to end before that time, that's what it means with this rule :) If that doesn't make sense then feel free to ask again :p
    607 and Penguinub like this.
  3. Is this allowed?
    AUCTION: 1 DC of dirt
    Start bid: 1r
    Minimum increment: 1r
    Auction end time: When it reaches 500k
  4. Doubt it. Needs to be in time. 5 hours. 6pm Friday, etc.
  5. Thought so
  6. Else you might as well just sell :p
    f_Builder_sDaNub likes this.
  7. So can someone cancel an auction after posting it say, with in 12 hrs if there are no bids or does it have to go till there are bids or this happens? "An auction that receives no valid bids within 7 days of starting is considered closed automatically." I can not find any thing that says it can be cancelled, other than the 7 day/no bid part?
  8. If there are no bids then the auction can be closed at any time but if there are bids then the specified time must be used before the auction can officially end
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  9. Is there anything in writing in regards to this, as I can not find it. If there isn't can it be added to the rules so everybody knows?
    607 likes this.
  10. I think we may need an additional rule (or disclaimer) regarding the auctioning of renamed items. As it is right now these seem to be considered equal to their "original" counterpart but fact of the matter is that a renamed item will lose its crafting functionality. So a DC of renamed iron/gold/diamond/emerald/redstone blocks would be virtually useless unless the buyer intended to use them only as building material.

Of course this doesn't affect all materials such as fish, stone, etc. But the moment when we're talking about the new stone types (granite, andesite and diorite) this could become a problem again because you cannot use a renamed (regular) stone block to craft the polished versions.

Obviously one could wonder why anyone would rename a whole bunch of items (and lose XP) in order to auction them off, it seems very counter productive, but I do see a potential issue here.
    ChamelonNYC likes this.
  11. And how does one close an auction? By just stating it's closed if there are no bids on it?
  12. Report your own auction with a reason like "No bids, please close", or something similar.
    lottie1664 and 607 like this.
  13. I think it needs to be clearer that its 1 DC of the same item, not mixed
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  14. Can wools be mixed in a DC?
  15. Each wool type must be in its own DC quantity for the auction to be valid.
  16. May I ask why that rule exists?
  17. Because it's what the staff determine to be a fair amount to auction in that form and that's about it :I
  18. Doesn't really answer my question.
  19. You asked
    and the answer is
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. Very thought out and precise I like the work done Krysyy!! The cool thing is dumb players like myself still understand it.
    UltiPig likes this.