Empire Auction Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ThaKloned, 607 and Krysyy like this.
  2. I am curious why these can't be offered at Shop for 60k rather than calling a service you can order like a pizza an event? Is there some reason it cannot be automated?
    ShelLuser, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  3. Honestly I think it's because the ability to buy these types of items easily wasn't a thing when we started offering them. With the shop changes, it's a very useful option. What you suggest is a good idea that I will run by the Senior Staff for their thoughts.
  4. I have a Question
    I always though you could only buy the service of removing the dirt from SS and not clock it self thus making it a collectible?
    Please correct me if I'm wrong
  5. I honestly didn't know we could buy the DDTT, so how could I have known by thinking?

Anyways, I personally quite liked Pab10S's idea: :)
    ShelLuser, 607 and Vortixin like this.
  6. So I think I figured out the only reason we haven't done this, but we're fixing it. With new year, this will be the new method =)

Thanks for the idea Pab10S.
    Pab10S, 607 and nltimv like this.
  7. What is the policy on auctioning shulker boxes? Are they not allowed to be auctioned since they can't be vaulted or mailed? What about players putting items inside and then auctioning?
    ShelLuser and Vortixin like this.
  8. How many do we have to have to auction? If we can
  9. Until a formal announcement is made, any new items are considered a normal item, and a double chest is required.
    607, ShelLuser and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  10. can i make a suggestion for a rule here? make the minimul shucker shell auction 108 ( the equivalent to a dc of boxes) i am a crazy outpost person.... and i really need these to be able to be auctioned in some low # instead of buying boxes on other smp's
    AyanamiKun, UltiPig and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. You may want to make a thread for that or submit in the suggestion form. Good luck
    Krysyy likes this.
  12. Here's an idea which I have had for some time yet keep forgetting to mention.

I wonder if it couldn't help to add defaults to the auction rules. Just like 1DC is the default. So also add a default ending time ("24 hrs after last valid bid") and a default pick up location (the player's first available residence). So when a player forgets to mention something in their auction it will resort to the default. Unless of course they correct it themselves, but then there should be some rules attached: you can not go below the default (to ensure fair play).

So, for example, someone starts an auction yet forgets to mention the ending time. People bid. The host planned to add a static end to the auction: noon that same day. So, say it would end within 8 hours. Yet they forgot to mention it. Players bid, players keep bidding, and suddenly the host says "This auction is now ended, player x (maybe somewhere in between) has won!".

Problem: did he really have an ending time in mind or is he trying to help out a friend or... who knows. More importantly: it doesn't seem fair towards the other players who also bid.

Therefor my idea: if not specified the end time will be 24hrs after the last valid bid. This doesn't mean players don't have to specify a time, it's still a rule to do so, but if they forget then bidders will at least have a certainty.

The host can still correct their mistake, but would no longer be allowed to set an end time below 24hrs. So say someone has already placed a bid then he can no longer set the end time to noon that same day (ending time in 8 or 12 hours or so) but he can still set it for the next day.

These situations don't happen often, but I figured it might help in case they do.
    Merek_Shadower, MeadMaker and 607 like this.
  13. But would that mean that auctions shorter than 24 hours are not possible anymore?
  14. No, the default only applies when the auction host forgot to specify an ending time themselves. So under normal circumstances any ending time can be used.

They can correct their mistake, but then can't make it shorter than the default because that could be unfair towards the bidders (you may use a different bidding strategy when an auction has a set ending time vs. a variable one).
    607, MeadMaker and nltimv like this.
  15. In that case I mostly agree with your idea. However, I think the player should be able to correct the auction time under the default within a reasonable amount of time (about 10 minutes or so) and when nobody's bid yet.
    607, MeadMaker and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Totally agreed.
    nltimv, 607 and MeadMaker like this.
  17. And another one...

Rule suggestion: make it mandatory for players to specify whether an auctioned promo item has been used or not.

Seems simple enough. I know that the bite is in the details but even so: there is a difference between a used and unused promo item. Unused ones will stack (provided the vanilla item could stack) whereas used ones won't. This can be deal breaking for players who are getting promo's solely for financial purposes. They expect those to stack in their storage and then all of a sudden.. nope.. used.

Right now there's no difference between these two and with the increase in promo items which us players can actually use I think a ruling on this for the auctions will help us balance things out and provide more honest gameplay.
    AhsokaTower and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. Well, I think most players auctioning off unused items will specify it being unused, so if it doesn't say it's unused, you can reckon it's used.
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  19. Plus if you only have 1 of them, you can't know unless you get one from someone.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  20. What is "Not special dirt" and how would you obtain such an item? I am quite curious indeed?
    ShelLuser likes this.