Empire 1.12 Update! World of Color - 6/23/17

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 22, 2017.

1. 앵무새! 앵무새!
    Now I can live up to my dreams in the empire!
    PARROT POWER!
  2. Great work on getting the update out so fast! Whoop Whoop
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  3. Welp. Weekend, HERE I COME!
    Can't wait to get my own Parrot! To the jungle!
  4. Best feature in MC is this new crafting book. My god I love it. Only bad thing is no Schematica yet .. so lost... :p
  5. PARROOOOTTTTTTSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL!

I NEED TO GET PARROTS WHEN I GET HOME FROM SCHOOL TODAY!
    ChrisTheHylian and Tbird1128 like this.
  6. First of all, obviously, thanks for all the hard work and congrats on the actual update! I actually did take today off so other than getting some groceries I can enjoy myself :) I also think I learned a new bbcode, but we'll see about that :p

I'm the nut who spots details like this and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate and respect you sharing that with us. First of all it tells me that you didn't want to do a rush job but get it right, and I think that's very important.

But most of all: you're also honest about the whole thing and I think I like that part best of all. Like I said: it's a small detail, but I really appreciated you sharing this. And don't worry: I'm sure we can all relate to that feeling!

Awsome job, thanks for all the hard work!

Rumor has it that they are already working hard on 1.12... Unfortunately there are a few plugins which authors didn't seem to have much time, schematica being one of them.

607 likes this.
  7. Krysyy made this. Many times AlexC makes them. Usually one of the two depending on availability
    607 likes this.
  8. Now, Aikar my friend, you just need to make laser-beam parrots for National Bird Day.
  9. SO EXCITED!

little birdy was hungry, almost ate half a stack of seeds ^.^
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  10. Dang. Terracota that was colored/mined before the update won't smelt? :(

Also, I wonder what happens when you fly with an elytra with a parrot on your shoulder.
  11. Foam!!
    I'm smelting them now. 1 of each color gathered/coloured the day these blocks were first announced.
  12. Terracotta and colored terracotta are 2 different type of blocks (formerly hard clay and the colored hardened clay). Only the colored terracotta can be smelted.

Flying with elytra does work though! The client just has issues rendering the parrot with flying (utopia/creative)
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  13. You asked?
  14. Colorful blocks. Yay!
    Birds. Eh.

Good job dev team!
  15. love birdis
  16. *colour :p
    Speaking of Canada-specific things, can you make a Canada 150 promo? Itd make my day so much, as we Caddies have never had any specific promos for us...
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. That would be great but that will never happen. They will only do American/Global holiday's or else there could be a promo every day for something.
  18. Aya and me discovered a small visual glitch...

If you have a parrot on your shoulder on a residence where you don't have admin privileges then it may look as if the parrot has disappeared when you teleport to another server and come back (the parrot obviously doesn't teleport with you).

So... when Aya took a quick trip to SMP4 and back to SMP2 I saw her parrot still on her shoulder but she didn't see (or hear) the parrot anymore. A quick trip to /town and back also didn't reset anything.

If this happens to you then don't worry: Just /pegg the parrot and you'll get the egg back. It's just a visual glitch: your client doesn't pick up the parrot correctly, but it's still there. When in doubt ask a friend to look over (or at) your shoulder(s) :)
    BitcoinDigger and 607 like this.