EMC Update: Derelict Unclaims

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Oh question here: what if a player who is non supporter has a res derelict protection for example, they PM a staff member they are going on vacation for a month and staff member grants them the protection but how will the system know where the derelict policy is void on that res thus overriding the protection and force claiming the res for whoever was wanting it.
  2. Would I be able to pay for the residence for a new friend I want to be my neighbor? Or would I give him the money to pay for the wanted res, I don't know how well he could handle the money if he doesn't understand the situation of the derelict residences.
  3. I was going to ask if there was something put in place so that people couldn't unclaim them out of spite.
    But I read this. :D

I like it :)
  4. Aikar forgot to do something. :p

Give us a bit and we'll post when it's up. Haha.
  5. If a player is on the derelict protection list their lots are safe, you would simply be denied when you attempt to claim the lot of a protected player.
    There are always free lots available for new players/friends to claim, if they wish to claim a lot next door/nearby however there would be a cost if the lot is already owned but derelict.
  6. Edit:

Aikar super forgot something and we'll need to do a bit more work for this than we thought...but we should have it tomorrow. (Only regarding the books in the shop).

Thanks for your patience.
  7. Your friend wouldn't need to know how to handle rupees to be able to claim the lot. If you transferred 5k to their account, it would automatically be debited from them when they do the /res claim. :)
  8. the 5000r would stop players from just going around and force unclaiming res for fun or other then they simple dont like the look of it . Hopefully this well keep people to only force claiming for when they only need it
    battmeghs likes this.
  9. so whats the command/process to do this?

Never mind >.<
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, jacob5089 and mba2012 like this.
  10. Just added to main post. :)
  11. is that what the reboot just now was for? :p
  12. What about residences of ex-moderators? Will they also be able to force-claim?
  13. What do you do if the res has move flag set to false? Theres no easy way of getting it then.
  14. ooo very good question!
  15. that's... that's....
    That's like living in a castle,
    in the middle of the ocean,
    with a highly trained team of snipers,
    with ocean mines,
    and a cure,
    during a zombie apocalypse.
  16. Its possible to very carefully move just enough into the residence that it won't kick you out and then you can do /res info and etc. I think it might be that you can't move while in the residence but if you move outside it and then that carries you inside it will let you stay in that spot.
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  17. Maybe do
    /res forceunclaim 1234
    or
    /res 1234 forceunclaim
  18. Max.... stop distracting the Brain! We know its your fault.... lol
    j/k
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx, PenguinDJ and jrm531 like this.
  19. I wish someone would come and claim the residence directly to the west of mine. I don't think skellious is ever coming back and I'd like to have a neighbor.
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  20. If you were a supporter and have multiple residences can they be unclaimed? If they can what if you get rid of all residences but one but its home 2, 3, or 4 can it be unclaimed?