EMC Update: Derelict Unclaims

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Fantastic! 5,000 rupees isn't that much to pay. I like it.
  2. I personally would like to see an option to just reset a persons residence. I have some neighbors whose residence just wont leave, and I would like to see it disappear (he has been gone for 90+ days last I checked). Just a suggestion, but maybe another feature could be that players pay 10k to reset any res, as long as the owner has been gone for at least 50 days?
    mba2012, Pab10S and cddm95ace like this.
  3. I like this idea, I have a few neighbors who either haven't been on for 50+ days or have been perma-banned. I already have 2 residences, but if I didn't I'd gladly pay 5k every time to get rid of at least the perma-banned players residences. -___- dunno maybe that seems harsh, but a lot of the derelict residences around me are empty or eyesores anyway xP
    Jimbonothing64 and Silken_thread like this.
  4. Well, we have an idea in the works to give new players one free go at this upon signing up. The players who want their derelict neighbors gone can give the newbies lots of attention and make them feel wanted by asking them to be neighbors. That way instead of just paying to rid of them, you're making a new friend and giving a new player some EMC love. :)
  5. dawww ok :) I'm all for boarding the welcome wagon xD
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  6. that would pretty well for ME especially when i see a residence with beacons i can claim this way :)
  7. The residence is reset when claimed. :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. awwwwww
  9. One part I do not like is that supporters already pay 20$ to get the extra res's but still have to pay 5k to reset the res.
    How about whenever a supporter upgrades they get 1 or 3 free res resets(Gold or diamond only).
    But it would be reset each month so it doesn't stack. Maybe the free res reset could only work on 20+ days?
  10. They are still able to claim open residences for no charge and reset their own residence for no charge. This is only for special cases where they'd want to take a res that's already claimed.
  11. INB4 "Prices per account status" threads:

omg icc we shood make it so that free memberz has 2 pay 50k roobeez, iron 30k, gold 20k and dimenz only pays 5k cuz idk but evrybody else makes theese threads so i thoght y not? then wen sumbody resets a res, we get free roobeez cuz we r awsum!!!!! free memberz shood get 2k, iron 5k, gold 30k and dimenz get 50k \o3o/

Please don't do this xD. That took forever for me to type.
    M4nic_M1ner, jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.
  12. Well I think its a great idea and I think the rupee fee will at least put some ppl off from wanting wipe out residences across the servers for no good reason.

-Edit-
    Although it is tempting to wipe out at lease some :p
    M4nic_M1ner and IcecreamCow like this.
  13. not fair for me, my internet is down at my house :( so I can only get on at my grand parents on the weekends, what if I am unable to go there for a couple of weekends? :confused: WHY!?! I say bump it up to 20-30 days before this can happen.
    runtaylorun1 likes this.
  14. what about former supporter 2-4 res? do they have a timer or what?
    runtaylorun1 likes this.
  15. Former supporters extra residences fall under the regular rules. They keep them unless they go derelict.
  16. Hey guys. Quick update. Aikar is now hard at work on the 1.6 code to make EMC ready so the Enchant Books in the shop will be a tad bit longer. Thanks for your patience. :)
    mba2012 and PenguinDJ like this.
  17. If a supporter is derelict, will the same go for them? Under the Derelict Policy ( http://empireminecraft.com/guide/derelict ) it states their residence can't be unclaimed if they are derelict for more than a month. I just wanted to know if that rule stays the same :)
  18. If you /p a supporter's name it says Protected instead of "# Days" so it still applies it seems.
  19. The derelict policy doesn't apply to supporters. If you are any variety of supporter your lots are safe regardless, except from yourself. :p
    PenguinDJ, mba2012 and deathconn like this.
  20. If you know you will not be able to go to your grandmothers, please send us a PM stating how long of derelict protection you may need, and we can help you out with that.
    trent948 and mba2012 like this.