EMC Update: Derelict Unclaims

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2013.

1. COOL and since i'm diamond...
    EPIC protection!
  2. So, like, buy supporter. :p
  3. Personally, I don't care if you all hate on me for saying this but the Derelict Policy Sucks. You could be on vacation and someone could just take your residence from you! Seriously rethink this....
  4. In that case, your residence can be exempt from the derelict policy, all you have to do is PM anyone Senior staff and above and explain your reasoning why you will not be able to log in! :)
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.
  5. The derelict policy has always existed. Now we're just making unclaims be possible to do by anyone, instead of just senior staff. In fact, this update made it take longer to go derelict.
  6. Pm an admin as it says to do in the guide.
  7. If a person goes 10 days+ offline, and a another person unclaims their residence, wouldn't all the positions in the chest be dropped for the "new home owner" to claim?

EDIT: If that's the case then I'll be waiting for all the richest people to log off for a while :)
  8. Also shouldn't this be a supporter only thing? o3o
    If not then someone explain why.
  9. If you have a friend, and they want the residence next to you, you get a guaranteed and instant reset of the residence and claiming of the residence. This update just makes it so that Senior staff don't need to reset the res and unclaim manually.
    ErikRodhi likes this.
  10. Unfortunately for you, it all (except for animals) gets reset when you claim it.
    Because the amount of complaints against it would block out the sun lol
  11. Then we will unclaim in the shade.
  12. I think it will be hard to force unclaim a residence where the owner has set the move flag to all false. I know I have a problem with a nearby res because the guy has a bunch of doors that screw with my villagers and he has the move flag for everyone set to false. So I still can't do anything about that...
  13. In most cases you can just sneak onto the edge of a res, but if it's a real issue a Snr. Staff should be able to perform the command for you if you pay them the required amount. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. I just buy 1 firework :D
  15. Thanks a lot Maxarias :D
    runtaylorun1 likes this.
  16. Can't argue with that :)
  17. I might just be a dummy but i am extremely confused by this. How do i ensure my res is safe?
  18. Except doors :p
    They drop for some strange reason...

You can private message a senior staff / maxarias (staff list can be found here:http://empireminecraft.com/XenStaff/ )
    And ask them for how long you need you res protected :) this way, nobody will be able to claim it while your gone.
  19. Simply by logging in on any server once every 15 days. :)
    If you know you are going to be absent for longer then 15 days, contact a snr staff+ to ask for derelict protection.
  20. Thank you :)