EMC Update: Derelict Unclaims

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Awww.... that would be cool.... someone go move in.... you have a nice neighbor! :)
    Silken_thread likes this.
  2. Are you talking like they are no longer supporters? Maybe they were entitled to 4 but now only 1?
    Because all supporter Reses are protected. There is no Derelict for supporters ;)
    DogsRNice likes this.
  3. Your reses will all become derelict once you have been absent for 15 days. If you continue to log in your reses will not become derelict and can not be unclaimed even those above your maximum allowance.

Please remember that if you were a supporter and claimed additional reses and currently have more than your maximum allowance you will need to unclaim more than one res before you can claim a new res.
  4. From what I gather you keep those reses unless you go derelict.

Edit: Davie'd
    R0bbieJo and mba2012 like this.
  5. when they are no longer a supporter are all their residences protected with the normal derelict policy or can they be unclaimed for the person having more than 1?

edit: i just saw bigdavie's post after i wrote this one
  6. Ex-supporters are subject to normal derelict policy, but they will not have their additional lots taken from them unless they have lapsed into the derelict period.
  7. I don't think I like the 5k, because if my friend joins and he wants a res next to mine, just because it's fun and we can both play ''together'', but he starts with 5,000r and he needs to wait a 35 days before claiming a residence? This is odd and I don't think it's right for new players.
  8. Maybe you could "lend" (depending on what type of friend you have lol) 5k to him.
  9. No, Skellious has only logged in twice since joining two months ago and never built anything at all. He or she is not a supporter and the status says "derelict". I was hoping that I could get a neighbor who might like to make a bridge across the sidewalk so that I could share my treehouse with him or her. Ah oh well. Maybe Skellious will come back.
  10. Awesome! These are really cool implements, and I like the extra 5 days, though lately I try to get on from time to time. been getting back into Tekkit and the Sims 3 again XD
  11. D: Fudgecakes. I would do this if I was able to claim another res. That sounds pretty awesome!
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. It is but they are random, this new policy is mainly aimed for ppl who want a specific residence that has not reset. I agree with the the time it can take up when staff have plenty to do already. [See below for more info]

But I don't agree with the 5k fee for this, if where paying staff to do it then fine but now that it is automated with a command it will make like much easier for staff so why the fee?

• Is it to slow down the number of possible residences that players could un-claim to clean up a server, that in there op needs cleaning up?
    • Or is a way to use up ppls rupees, or get them to purchase rupees from the website for real money?

Sorry if this sounds controversial but I don't get why there is a fee for using this serves now that staff's time is no longer taken up to do this for ppl and when there is also a derelict policy enforced which stops ppl from un-claiming protected residences.
    battmeghs and mba2012 like this.
  13. Derelict policy is now 15 days and you can request your res to be protected if you going away for up 3 months. So this will mainly be for res's that have been abandoned for a longer time then this.
  14. You would give them the rupees so that they could do the un-claim and then claim the res for themselves, unless you are a paid member and can claim another res and then un-claim it for them.
  15. They could always vote to increase there rupees, that would only take a few days.
  16. Being able to get someone's residence unclaimed was never a "feature" that's designed for EMC but something that was created over time as a regular thing that people do. It's a convenience to be able to do this (now at the exact time you want instead of having to wait). The amount of rupees that goes out into the system requires that we create as many equal rupee sinks in the game to keep the economy balanced. Since this is a service that isn't a normal part of the gameplay, it seems like a good fit to throw a small rupee sink in there. By simply voting for EMC for 5 days, you can get the rupees for this from JUST that one service...which is one that most likely will only be used once in a very long time per person, if ever.

The only way I could see someone doing this more than one time, is a supporter...and they get rupees just by being a supporter that could cover this very easily.
  17. What if someone was derilcted but they had move off for everyone how would you unclaim it?
  18. I can safely assume that /res forceclaim [res#] should work. :)
  19. It doesn't, but you can edge onto a res ever so slightly so that you can do /res forceclaim.