[DO NOT UPDATE] 1.5 UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which is what I meant, of course...:oops:
  2. Mojang made a post today saying that the redstone update will come out next week, March 13th (Thanks Mr. Twitch)
    (If you guys want to update the OP).
    mba2012, AlexChance and eklektoi like this.
  3. :)
  4. I think the prelease is out so the update will occur
    Oh well, Nether Quartz hunt here we go!
    Lol no I'll just use the wastelands.
    Oh will the wastelands in Utopia be like the old wild and nether?
    In this regard I mean always sunny and no fall damage?
  5. The pre-release IS out. :D
  6. whoop >> no playing for me for a few weeks, dratted networked computer :/
    on a big downside as well, the new redstone light sensors only respond to the time cycle of Day/Dawn/Night/Dusk. so all those lovely light sensitive circuits we had in mind for puzzles can be scrapped :/
  7. And it appears that 1.5 is now officially online, ready to be played for SINGLE player.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. So, I can actually enable a setting on our server that lets 1.5 connect even though were still on 1.4.7

however, ONLY 1.5 can connect then, and not 1.4.7.

Downside? I really dont want people to update yet... I'm hoping for a quick 1.5.1

1.5 is a very broken release that is going to make tons of people lag FPS wise :/ a few major bugs in the last snapshots didnt get fixed.... 1.5 was totally not ready for release.
  9. Thanks Aikar for the update. I will be waiting until you guys give the go ahead before updating my client.
  10. This update is going to be EPIC! :D Keep up the good work! :cool:
  11. Yes they did.
  12. Not when he asked though.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. I want to update so badly...
  14. If you copy you minecraft.jar in your bin file, and paste into another folder, you CAN update. Just when you want to play EMC, put the copied minecraft.jar into your bin, and remove your 1.5 minecraft.jar.
  15. i accidently updates im going to lose evreything can u guys save my lot
  16. The derelict policy is not enforced during the update period.
    Your res is safe.
  17. You only lose stuff if you don't login for 10 days - there's no guarantees that it'll take that long for EMC to update/Mojang to do what Aikar's waiting for. Generally though, the derelict policy is paused if the need arises during update periods (and the staff stop doing unclaims).

For info on downgrading, check this out: http://empire.us/threads/11041

EDIT: Partially ninja'd >.<
    RainbowChin likes this.
  18. Updated, was to excited to test out the new redstone, see you on the other side! :)
  19. I am disappointed at the update, does not really appeal to me like 1.4.5 and such. Probably because i am no good at redstone, however I'm sure all you redstone enthusiasts will be loving it :p
  20. Pretty much the only thing that interests me about it is /scoreboard. It looks like something Bukkit could modify to do great things.

Oh, and this:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.