Debate/Argue Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EvilServerAdmin, Feb 21, 2013.

1. You start. :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. The chicken did come first, for when God created animals, he created an adult female chicken, which laid eggs
    607 likes this.
  3. I am not so sure about that, and anyway it is really the wrong question. For those who doubt or deny God's existence, can science prove He does not exist?
  4. No it cannot. Science has "reasons" of how the earth came into existance, the first people on earth, ect. but science cannot prove that God does not exist
  5. It can certainly be said that science has not yet proven that God does not exist.
  6. Oh yeah, I want to know how religion and the (IMO) BS from the Bible helps my depression?
    jkjkjk182 and HylianNinja like this.
  7. God does not take our pain away. You will need to rely on the help of people especially trained to treat depression to find healing. You can ask God to help you find the right people to help you.

The bible is about how to change your behavior so that you can slowly heal into someone who causes no harm, and then grow into someone who is a blessing to those around them.
    607 likes this.
  8. Simple:
    God loves you. He made you, and cares for you. He knows what your going through, he knows everything you think. Everything happens for a reason. your suffering is not in vein.
    John 3:16 says: "For God so lovedthe world that he gavehis one and only Son,that whoever believesin him shall not perish but have eternal life."
    He loves you too much to leave you where you are, so he sent his one and only son, Jesus to die on the cross. It is your choice if you accpet the gift or not. I did, and i feel at peace with the holy spirit inside of me.
    607 likes this.
  9. I agree with everything you just said except this statement. He IS God, you know. he can do anything he wants to.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  10. This is a debate thread. Jtc is happily putting himself out there for debating.
    I'll post a refutation of his claim...tomorrow.
    607, jkjkjk182, HylianNinja and 2 others like this.
  11. I should have been more clear. God does not take away your pain in this life. But in the next, bliss.
  12. It depends, did you fill it up to half or was it full and you drank half?
    607 likes this.
  13. Winter > Summer
    HylianNinja likes this.
  14. Summer > Winter
    607 likes this.
  15. Scott Snyder is a better Batman writer than Frank Miller.
  16. Alright, I will respond to this first. To be honest, I know next to nothing about comic books, and I am absolutely positive your opinion is probably much more valid. However, the Avengers are my favorite superheros, and they are Marvel comics. Plus, of the few comic books I have actually read, I prefer the Marvel. I've never heard of Image though.
  17. That is what I assumed.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. DIVERSION NOTSUCCESSFULLY CREATED
    cddm95ace and HylianNinja like this.
  19. I accepted this "gift" 4 years ago when my life went downhill. I kept the "gift" for a year, and then I realized that it was making me feel worse. So I lived without a "religion", stuck in a Limbo between athiesm and christianity. 2 years ago, I decided it was best if I found an interest that would get my grades up. So I chose Science, and this sent me in the direction of athiesm.

The only bad thing it's done for me is make me the person who gets laughed at when I get to church. I went years without going to a Sunday mess until December, when my baby brother was christened. I fell asleep. I find it helps me more than being religious, because if I suicide, I have no fear of being sent to hell.
  20. I cannot fathom why people laugh at you, and i apologize for their ungodly actions.
    As for hell, i do fear it. Hell is a horrbile place, where there is no light. no happinies. no love.
    Hell is a place for suffering forever. there is no end, while Satan laughs at you while he watches you be in pain