Debate/Argue Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EvilServerAdmin, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kind of like life on Earth. No love and no happiness.
    Why isn't this heaven?
    HylianNinja likes this.
  2. I think I would rather live without love because it only causes pain. And light and happiness are only fleeting lies.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  3. My image of love, when explained to my friends, is downright creepy. I am labelled because of how I look at love :D
  4. Science cannot prove that God exists, but it also can not prove He doesn't. In my opinion, I find it easier to believe in something we can't prove true than not believe in something we can't prove false. Not believing in God takes just as much faith as believing in Him. (<-- arguable, opinion not fact)

God can most definitely take our pain away. As the Bible says, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalms 23.4) (not sure what's going on with the copy and paste format here, my apologies)

God is our comforter, and though he often does work through His servants, He is not limited to them.

That is not what the Bible is about. True, lots of it is filled with moral code. However, the Bible is primarily God's story, of how He has chosen His people, they struggled for most of the Old Testament to follow Him, until He sacrificed His only Son to save all of us. This story is the basis for Christianity, but certainly not only serving the purpose of telling is how to be good people, for it being a good person was enough to earn salvation, God would not have had to send us His son.
    607 likes this.
  5. If god can take away my pain then he is (imo) evil. Years ago I asked god to take away my pain. Do you know what I got? Silence. I see many people hurting and in pain and god ain't doing s*** about it.
  6. I agree. the defination of faith is beliving in something you cannot see, and that is what religon is
  7. I don't know what kind of lives you two live, although I assume you both have had/are having to go through some pretty crappy stuff. However, even from a non-christian perspective, life without love is not really life at all. Yes, love is hard, and painful, be it romantic, friendship, parentally, sibling, or any kind. This pain and struggle is what shapes us into who we are. If we stop putting ourselves out there, and shut ourselves out from love, what point do we have. Loving God is a risk, loving anyone is a risk, for what if they don't love you back, or worse, hate you instead. But, I believe that through Christ we can find the strength to continue the love, and to live for His purpose, not for just our own comforts and desired. Guess this got a little rant-y, oh well :)
    607 and jtc0999 like this.
  8. Everything happens for a reason. he could be causing your pain to help another person in the world, or teaching you a life lesson. i am not God, so i do not know which one, (If any), but i do know that God feels you pain
    cddm95ace likes this.
  9. So god allowed Hitler to kill millions of jewish people. Wow, god must really hate jewish people.
    jkjkjk182 and SoulPunisher like this.
  10. The Jews are God's chosen people. He does not hate them. He used Hitler to start a big religous uprising, making more people repent
  11. This is one of the most asked questions by both Christians and non-Christians. How can God let terrible things/pain/etc. happen and still be a good God I want to follow. And to be honest, this is probably the hardest question to answer. My answer is this. I do not know. I cannot fathom. But, I do know that our suffering does not want us to suffer, and He is certainly not doing it for fun. He does not hate Jewish people, the Jews are God's chosen people, and it was through them that He sent His son. God is not the only force at work in our world, Satan "roams around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." (took this from memory, not sure what Bible book/verse this is). At the fall of man, with Adam or Eve, sin entered the world because man chose it to. And because of this sin, there is now horrible atrocities, both worldwide, and in our own lives. It is tough to explain why God does not stop this, but I do know there is a plan, God loves you, and everyone who has ever walked the earth, from Hitler to Mother Theresa, and from Abraham to every EMC'er. Whether or not you accept the love is up to you. As to the silence and years of trying, God is not a formula. You can't just say "God I believe in You, now take away my pain." The Bible never says anything about being a Christian meaning you have no pain, in fact, it says the opposite. Just look at Job. Being a Christian makes you a special target for Satan, we just have to persevere in faith, knowing that God is fighting for us, and at the end of the struggle we will find eternal joy and peace in Heaven, with God. Until then, there will be pain, and it is likely to get worse before it gets better. Thus is the state of our world. Sorry for the wall of text, I have a lot to say :)
    607 likes this.
  12. I have thought about this, and maybe life is like gods ant farm. Once the ants are in the farm, you can't do much to them without breaking the glass. They will do what they want, they have their own minds.
  13. I have found that Christianity preys on people who want hope and are looking for something more. But there is nothing more "everything just dies and rots; gets full of bugs, mindless bugs, eatin' each other. It's horror. It's all horror.".
    HurferDurfer1 and SoulPunisher like this.
  14. Sure, except two things. 1. There is a massive door in the side of the ant farm, but it requires a long hard climb by the ants, but once they get to the door they can go into a much much better place, where they can live like they were supposed to, not trapped in a cage.
    2. I like the analogy, although technically God is orchestrating almost everything that is going on.
  15. That's messed up.
  16. Anyone want to hear old Green's opinion on love?
    607 likes this.
  17. "If it's green then love it"?
    607, penfoldex and cddm95ace like this.
  18. Precisely. And there's no other way than the green way. GREEN FOR ETERNITY!
  19. If you bully someone, God might choose to punish you the way you punished the other kid to make you feel the pain the other kid felt.