Debate/Argue Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by EvilServerAdmin, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Pie. Lava Pie. It tastes like burning, and thats the best taste.
  2. Apple > Windows.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
    May the odds be ever in your favor.
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  3. Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting. That is all.
  4. Ah here we go :)

-Apple-
    Why:
    1. Integrated software and hardware, designed by the same company, so they work flawlessly together.
    2. Look awesome
    3. Well designed, will last for many years, and just work great.
    4. I love the OS, I much prefer, especially over this new crummy thing they call Windows 8
    5. Essentially virus free. Can't prove this, all I know is that everyone I've talked to who owns a Mac has never had a virus.

Cons:
    1. Price, it's costly, and yes you can get a higher performance PC for the same cost, but I still think Apple makes a high quality enough product to warrant the cost.
    2. Bad for gaming, true, thats what my PS3 is for.
    3. Incompatible, unless your looking to game, you can find pretty much any program, or at least an alternative, for anything you can do on a PC.

Sources:
    Used PC's for 13ish years, switched to Mac, have never looked back.
    Chascarrillo and adsingh like this.
  5. uuuuuuuuUUUUUUbuntu

If we were looking at Mac vs. PC, I love the openness of Windows and the aesthetics and creative apps of the Mac. The reason why I love Ubuntu is that it's both of these mashed together.
    margaritte likes this.
  6. If you guys want a REAL argument, you may challenge me to a duel over who is better, One Direction or The Beatles. My side is The Beatles. Go ahead.
  7. +1 Beatles... listen to your predecessors, 1D. Learn from them.
  8. ...Intel isn't apple. Still expensive, though.
    In fact, the majority of the things included in a Mac computer are not made by apple. They could be purchased by anyone for significantly less. That is why every PC that costs the same as a Mac is better performance wise.
    That's a matter of personal opinion, and there's nothing stopping you from getting a PC that looks basically the exact same.
    Mac updates their OS more frequently than Windows. Mac OS updates cost more, anyway. You'd think that, for how expensive Macs are, they'd be more durable. They're not.
    Windows 8 is a base breaker. You either love it or hate it. I personally hate it, but I've never liked tablets.
    Getting a virus is really difficult. If viruses are a problem for you, you're using your computer wrong.
    There are two reasons why there are more viruses for PCs rather than Macs
    1: PCs cost less, so an entry-level consumer is more likely to get one.
    2: More people have PCs, so a virus would see more "action" than on a Mac. This is appealing to people who make viruses, because there's less incentive to make something that will be 'enjoyed' by less people.

All those virus makers are using Linux, anyway.
    If I wasn't so dependent on being able to use my computer, I'd probably use linux, too.

Hey, it's a debate / argue thread. I don't get a lot of opportunities to do this.
    mba2012, Jake_bagby and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Journey. Steve Perry puts them both to shame.
    UltiPig likes this.
  10. Apple: Elitist hipster garbage made by slave labour, the whole scheme being orchestrated by hypocritical tightwads.

Windows > Apple.
  11. I prefer Pink Floyd.

margaritte likes this.
  12. -_-
    Technically, Apple came up with the computer first, they just made the stupid mistake of letting an idiot from windows in the factory, and he copied the idea, and came out with it first. Plus, Windows are less nutritious than Apples. I mean, who would want to eat all that glass?

About them not being durable, I can say against-Apple uses a special kind of glass called Gorilla Glass, which is 20 times stronger than normal glass, and all their computers are encased in aluminum, rather than the expected cheap old plastic from a Windows.

Apples updates are constant, and that shows steady progress. Apples updates are also GOOD, instead of the utter garbage that Windows has managed to accomplish with Windows 8. Also, I fail to see how you can upgrade a Windows 7 to a Windows 8 without buying a brand new computer, or just a $40 CD. Apple's computer updates cost $20 at MAX, and all of the mini-updates are free.

About the viruses, a Mac is just far more protected than Windows. First of all, you can always tell it to not open a file without your permission that was downloaded from the internet. Also, Macs do their own 3 step process security check on every file that comes from the internet, and, if it is potentially malicious or has a virus, it will inform you to not open the file.

Also, the amount of Macs bought are increasing, and are continuing to do so. People are opting for the incredible customizability and accessibility of a Mac. Also, the simple, clean design catches one's eye.

Overall, Macs are a very good investment for the price they cost.
    mba2012 and cddm95ace like this.
  13. [citation needed]
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. Look it up on google, anything, you'll find it to be true.
  15. I agreed with your argument, but I sure hope this is joking. Google is definitely definitely not always true XD
    607 likes this.
  16. I'm sorry, but I stopped taking this post seriously when you mentioned "customizability". Had a hard time before that, too.

Apple did not make the first computer.
    Microsoft did not make the first computer.

Microsoft had DOS computers for quite a long time before creating windows, which was similar to an apple product though it featured the mouse. It's called windows because it has windows, and was the first released product to feature that. Before windows, everything was command prompt starwars telnet.

I've never purchased a plastic computer.. didn't know they were a thing. I've had metal computers (about 4-5 towers in the garage, doing absolutely nothing.. probably with 240 MHz processors or something.) but never plastic ones. The laptop that I am writing this on is metal and bamboo laminate, and as far as I can tell it's completely fall-proof.

Mac's updates are more frequent. 6 $20 updates vs 1 $40 update is telling.

Also, as I stated before, Mac does not have a unique design. If you've ever looked at desktop towers, you would know this. I personally like the glowy-red ones, but that's just me. Makes me feel like I'm in the future. The real aesthetic behind a Mac is the attitude associated with one. That's why I call them status symbols.

And I feel I must reiterate: It is nearly impossible to get a virus if you know what you're doing. Even then, you know how to get rid of it, so it's not a big deal. The reason PCs have more viruses is because most users don't know what they're doing. This is not the PC's fault.

If you want a Unix system, go linux. If you want a windows system.. well, you know.
    jkjkjk182, 607 and Kephras like this.
  17. I'll just leave this here............

XBOX > PlayStation LOLOL
  18. You do have to give Apple credit for helping usher in the first systems that featured a desktop, they played quite a part in this. Also, they made some of the first portable computers.

Okay, so the PC's you like aren't metal. However, you cannot deny that there are dozens of PC's, both laptops and towers, made out of a plastic. There are also many that look like crap. It is a really hard to compare PC's to Macs, because Macintosh makes three laptops and one personal computer. PC is just a general term for dozens of computer brands running Windows OS, so there are nice ones, and there are crappy ones. I love Macs, but obviously you're not a fan. Just a question, have you ever had a Mac, or really used one for a week or more?

19. Is the Glass half full, or half empty? -State your reasoning
    607 likes this.
  20. Yes, I used one for a few years. Considering the price of the computer relative to the ones I had before and after, and the overall performance, I preferred PCs in the future.

Also, as I said before, Microsoft had the first released platform with actual windows. They also included the addition of the mouse. Apple did create the first OS with windows, but they never finished it because they didn't think there was a market for such a large change. It was picked up by Microsoft and then later released in a finished (and improved) form by Apple. They weren't competitors at this point in time, because computers were a thing of enthusiasts. They worked together, just not in the traditional sense.