[CONTEST] Voting Competition 2015 (locked)

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can't remember what streak I'm on now, but I'll definitely be going for the first three. Nice to see this contest again, awesome! :D
    607 likes this.
  2. 27 more days will put me into the 750 club. :)
    Ana_Banana10 and 607 like this.
  3. I have to agree, it is more of a raffle. Everyone who meets the tier requirements should be awarded the prize. Someone will put a lot of effort into voting for this "contest" and may not win anything, possibly discouraging them from further voting. My intention is not to shoot down this idea as I think voting is very important for server growth. I really like and appreciate the rewards I do get from voting daily.
  4. I like this contest. Even people who don't win still get some neat-o stuff.

A+
  5. So do we have to enter our name to be part of this or are you just looking through all the vote bonuses of every account to pick players at random?
  6. I would of do this but I'm voting for 3 accounts and it would mess up everything still gonna push my 400 streak anyway
  7. Yes you are automatically entered. Aikar will get me the data of your vote bonus across the period, like last time we ran this, and I'll use that to place people into the tiers to randomly draw out the prize winners.
    BanditLM, Kytula and WayneKramer like this.
  8. We aren't handling out that many contest Voter's Blocks just for having the level. That's what the Vote Rewards are for.
    http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/voting-information-bonuses/
    As said before, just by voting you are automatically winning a lot of prizes. Check out the Vote Rewards page for those.
    This is just an extra little something to inspire some more voting going into the Holiday season and to hand out more of the special Voter's Blocks that we do contests for. We ran one last September/October and people enjoyed it, so I decided to run another.
    607 and Kytula like this.
  9. Man, voter blocks are my fav. even though i dont have one :p
    Kytula likes this.
  10. I love voting!! :D I wish I'd voted less.. or more? It looks like with my 175 bonus as of today, even if I vote every 12 hours between now and the end of the contest, (which I probably will..) I won't win any prizes. Oh well.
    Kytula likes this.
  11. This is cool!
  12. Hi,
    votes twice today on Minestatus.net (last one on the list)..... but nothing registered. My other votes are registered and visible in my rupees overview. Missing it for a few days already. I always try to vote every 12 hours on the first (TopG) and last because they allow every 12 hours. Recently Minestatus.net started failing.

where can this be reported?
    TomvanWijnen, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  13. I can confirm this happened too. My vote 10 days ago on Minestatus.net didn't register either.
    ShelLuser and WeezerNL like this.
  14. My vote bonus is quite higher than I expected, but still much lower than 750 :eek:
    Can you choose to opt out of this raffle, by the way?
  15. Everyone is automatically entered. If you wish to deny your prize, then i can run another random selection I suppose.
  16. First of all I can confirm what my fellow Dutchies above (Tom & Weezer) said; the last doesn't register for some reason.

Now... riddle me this guys.. If you vote long enough then you'll get cool tools such as voters pick axes, swords and shovels. Usually these tools are pretty awesome because they're a little better performance wise than the vanilla tool (the plain iron or diamond tool) with the added bonus that they never wear out.

Yet there is one thing which you cannot do with a voters shovel... Can you guess what it is?

A. Dig out 3 stacks of dirt; eventually it'll start to convert it into coarse dirt.
    B. Mine gravel; it just disappears.
    C. Mine clay; sometimes the balls just shoot off like snowballs.

:D
    TomvanWijnen and WeezerNL like this.
  17. I'm testing and looking into it. The numbers of vote increase are calculated with the 16 hour thing in mind, not the 12 hours anyway.
  18. B B B B B B :D
  19. A?
  20. I did not realize how hard it is to vote in the middle of a school day xD. Guess I will vote at 11(lunch) and vote at 11 at night. Gotta stay on top of this.
    ShelLuser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.