[CONTEST] Voting Competition 2015 (locked)

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The same thing has been happening to me as well. I have to walk down the street and use my phone to vote under a different IP in order to vote for other accounts on the same day. :mad:
    Dufne likes this.
  2. Cheater...
  3. ah ty =D (I skip read sometimes :p faster for everyone ^_^)
    Dufne likes this.
  4. Still getting no reward from Minestatus even though the site says my vote was added.
  5. Indeed. Still only 8 out of 10 working.
  6. Awesome! Good thing I vote everyday. I hope I can maintain it though...
  7. Another potential problem, TopG seems to either incorrectly record the last vote time or its sever clock drifts.
    The last I voted via TopG was this morning at 8:19am, and I went to vote tonight at 8:25pm, and was told I had already voted and needed to wait 7 more minutes.
  8. MinecraftServers.net doesn't seem to be giving awards.
  9. i love how the stages go from 75 to 400 xD
  10. They don't. The 1st 2 tiers are INCREASES only (40 & 75 increases in vote streak). The last 2 are actual streak totals.
    BanditLM likes this.
  11. I'm getting this issue as well. Voted last night at 7:11 pm and tried this morning and says 'Please Vote again in .'
  12. I've had this ocurr multiple times over the last several months and have reported it to TopG, who acknowledged the error and said it would be fixed, but it hasn't it seems.
  13. oo sounds fun :D
  14. i Will continue to vote daily because i am on vote bonus 44! diamond block here i come :p
  15. I didn't interpret Krysyy's rules that way. I think counting each "vote" as a contest entry is a good idea though, since it rewards the people who vote more by making it more likely that they will win something.

Of two people who are close to 400, for example, one at 350 and the other at 398, it might reward the one who had to work harder to get to 400.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question also. In order to get the 12 hour increase do I need to hit all the sites? I thought only TopG.org allowed you to vote every 12 hours. I've always been confused by the vote intervals of these sites because they all seem different. There are even a couple that I am quite sure enforce more than a 24 hour interval. Krysyy's rules suggest to me that maybe I could/should be doing this differently.

Normally, I hit the top three or the bottom three on alternating days with my account and my two son's accounts. For the contest I've been trying to vote on TopG.org around every 12 hours then hitting the others with my son's accounts. Is there a better strategy?
  16. Once you've gotten 40 and/or 70 vote streak increases since the start of the contest then you are entered into the first 2 tiers. Once you have a total vote streak of 400 and/or 700 (before the start of the contest or during) you are auto entered into the contest. Hopefully this makes sense :p

It only takes into account anyone who has a vote streak of 400 or above. All those users are entered automatically and 2 names are drawn from that group. Same for 700+ votes.
    Pab10S likes this.
  17. That is how I was interpreting it also. I was pointing out that I liked LtCaptain's idea because it would reward someone who tried harder.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  18. My bad :p
  19. Just vote half in the AM and the other half in PM and you should to fine. That's what I do and it doesn't hurt me. I don't keep up with the 16 hour thing. Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.