[BUG] 'Find all Threads by [player]' doesn't work

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 607, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Bump. Because I don't know what else I can do about it. I surely don't know how to fix it myself. But it's been almost 6 months!!! :mad: Sorry... But such an important part of my life to be [I can't even find a word] by a chronic severe bug is hard to manage.
  2. Huh, wasn't expecting anyone to like my previous post, as I was in a bit of an extreme mood. :p

But now: changes are happening to the forums! Might that mean...? Finally? :eek: (I sure hope Aikar will at least try...)
  3. I was doubting to like it, but decided to anyways, as a way of showing that I agree with you. :p
    607 likes this.
  4. Most of the forum changes don't compromise the log-in system, and recent ones (like adding 10 more threads to a list) don't take any code changes. I DO know that Aikar has devoted some time to trying to fix this issue. However, I also know that such efforts have not resulted in a fix yet. Since it's not completely game breaking to most players, and has already once caused an issue with log-ins, we've delayed researching more into a fix.
    607 likes this.
  5. Okay, thanks. It's good to know that Aikar has devoted some time to trying to fix it, as as far as I could know he hadn't.
    I do agree it's not completely game-breaking to most players. It does however make me unable to do certain things which I used to do monthly. Although even some of those things I could probably still manage, if I used Google. Now that I know that this is a long-term issue (I was going to say 'might be', but it already is), I will try to search for ways around it, instead of just postponing all tasks that used to rely on this function.
  6. FYI: Every time he attempts to fix it, he seems to break log-ins for the two-factor authentication. I have NO idea how this is related, but when I mention it not being game-breaking, that's what I'm comparing it to. =)
    Starsphere and 607 like this.
  7. If it were possible to fix this by upgrading to a newer version of XenForo, I think it would be worth it. I trust the devs to not completely screw up the forums because of the update, and this is quite a bad problem. Even with the skills I have, I am unable to find my EMC anniversary thread, for example.
  8. darn it we missed the anniversary
  9. by two entire months
  10. trying not to jinx it :p
  11. Missed it by twice as long this year!
    At this point I honestly don't think this severe bug will ever be fixed. With only one exception that I know of, forums are continually dwindling in popularity anyway, and EMC's isn't too active anymore either.
    Egeau likes this.