[BUG] 'Find all Threads by [player]' doesn't work

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 607, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Hi, it's me again!

I came across a rather troublesome bug... Clicking 'Find all threads by [player]' now gives the always annoying, often unjust message "The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common." This error displays regularly when it shouldn't, but this is quite an obvious bug, and it's quite annoying.
    I hope it can get fixed soon. :)
    Just to confirm: this happens for everyone, right? It isn't just me?
    wafflecoffee, liamwill, Egeau and 3 others like this.
  2. Some of the search bars are not working... the same applies to the wiki search bar :p
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  3. oh, I was wondering on this one a few days ago.
  4. We're trying to get it fixed, sorry for the inconvenience :) If you need to find anything on the wiki and can't find it, let me know and I'll try my best to help ya.
    Foxy_Kitty, EvilBlo and 607 like this.

5. I was able to get around and find the information, using the good old "click here, click there, click everywhere", but thank you! That indeed is very nice of you :)
    607 likes this.
  6. wait whats wrong with wiki now?

This reported bug is caused by me fixing the wiki one.

I'll try to figure out whats wrong with find by member when i get home.
  7. This is still an issue.
    purplebook163, Gawadrolt and EvilBlo like this.
  8. Any updates? I guess I'll bump the pm. :p
    purplebook163 and Gawadrolt like this.
  9. I dreamt about this being fixed... I usually don't even dream about the EMC forums, I think. :p
  10. Best way to get this fixed might be to send Aikar a reminder in a PM :)
    Foxy_Kitty, wafflecoffee and 607 like this.

11. I guess the forums have got lower priority than the Minecraft server?... :/ :(
  12. Yeah, this has been going on for a few months. Not forum-breaking but it would be a helpful option.
    Lol, that makes sense to me... Even though I go on the forums more than the game.
    Foxy_Kitty, HazardousCode and 607 like this.
  13. Most things can be found in other ways. But do you know a way to list all of ShelLuser's threads in reverse chronological order, while this bug is in effect? How about mine? Both I'm really missing.
    q1zx likes this.
  14. Yes, fixing a non critical bug on the forums, is much less priority than getting some updates out after we went through a 4 month dry spell..

I wouldn't of expected anyone to think otherwise.
  15. I'd think bugs would always be of higher priority than new features. :)
    Sprhyngtime and Tuqueque like this.
  16. Depending on the bug. Maybe
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. Not in the real world :p have to prioritize which has more positive impact.

We will fix the forum bug, but its one of those "fix it for one thing, break it for another", so its going to take some time digging deeper, so its not a quick deviate and fix like many bugs are.
    FadedMartian, purplebook163 and 607 like this.
  18. The server is Empire, this is the forums. The forums are part of Empire, but truly Empire is the server, and these forums are just an addition. I feel it makes sense that in-game is more of a priority.