[BUG] 'Find all Threads by [player]' doesn't work

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 607, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Hm, that's an interesting thought. To me, it's never felt that way, as I participated on the forums before I played on the Minecraft server. :p But I think the Minecraft server did exist before the forum did.
    ShelLuser tends to call this place 'EMC 2.0'.
    q1zx likes this.
  2. this still doesn't work....
  3. Going to "upvote" this too... There should be quite a lot of devs nowdays... It's quite seriously anoying for people that spend a lot of time on the forums...
  4. I needed this today for some friends of my sister, and I tried to use Google instead... didn't succeed. :/
    Jelle68, Gawadrolt and FadedMartian like this.
  5. I realised something a few days ago. This bug was caused by Aikar fixing the wiki search bug. But this bug seems much worse than the wiki search bug. On the wiki, there are links that can be used for navigation, and it's also very easy to use Google to find things on it. This current bug, however, is much more of an issue, and can't be circumvented, as far as I know.
    Aikar, can you revert the change?

6. That makes sense, then!
    And the second line sounds promising. ;)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. :D

What I would like to say, is that it is interesting that a bug/whatever that has to do with the wiki search, also had to do something with security, and then broke the "find all threads by [player]" button when fixed. Some things make so much sense. ... :p
    Foxy_Kitty, FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  8. Just in case: I didn't mean I think it makes sense that these things are related to each other, I mean it makes sense than in that case Aikar chose to have this remain broken. :p
  9. Yeah I know, I also completely understand that, but I would just like to point out how these three seemingly completely unrelated issues relate to each other, which I find quite interesting. :)
    FadedMartian, 607 and Krysyy like this.
  10. #OldXenforologic
  11. The to-do list should be like this:
    • Secret
    • UPDATE XenForo PLEASE
    • Empires
    • Land claiming
    • Everyone knows Dragon Tombs will never be released, so why put it here?
  12. To be honest, I think I'd prefer for the forums to just stay the way they are right now, after all, there don't appear to be any problems. I remember another forum I used to be on a lot, they decided to update, it turned to pure crap, and largely because of that I left those forums. I hope the same won't happen with EMC. :)
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.
  13. Scrap that. I looked online for a newer version of XenForo and it looked terrible. Unless if one of the staff can change/alter it so that it looks better.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. I don't think there is one single XenForo 'look', since you can install themes for it. EMC uses a modified version of Flexile Dark (this but from an earlier post https://xenforo.com/community/resources/flexile-dark.3095/). They all do seem to have a pretty consistent layout though
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Yes. I do trust EMC better than most other forums (I'm on a forum which owner intentionally made all previous emoticons not display properly anymore twice), but it would still be much safer to just not update. ;) Updating sounds like much more work than doing more hacking to provide wanted features anyway, at this point.
    FadedMartian and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. My guess is the find all threads jumps into wiki code to also find wiki content by the player, and that then broke something.

The code for wiki search did something in a way that triggered errors, and i'm not confident that those errors couldn't be abused, so I rewrote the code to ensure it was safe.

That broke things with wiki search ,and then my fixes to fix that broke something for all content.
    607, FadedMartian and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. Hearing it like this, it actually makes sense! :)

Perhaps, if you feel like it, you could maybe try to see if the "find all threads" button indeed looks through the wiki toi, and disable that part, maybe that could fix it?
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  18. The secret update is complete, I think, is there time for this now?
    Gawadrolt and Tuqueque like this.
  19. Well, 1.13...
    607 likes this.
  20. Hm, I could see that being a priority. :/
    LordNutmeg_II likes this.