Blizz Ard's back + More updates - 12/23/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Has Blizz stopped spawning?

I haven't logged in for a few days, so I figured if I went into wastelands today, a Blizz would spawn on my personal timer for sure. However, after travelling like 1/3rd of wastelands on smp8, I didn't get a single notification of any existing or new Blizz's (or turkeys or marlixes or momentuses, though I have Miniboss spawns turned off but I usually see leftover ones).

Does the 3-hour timer imply that once every 3 hours, a Blizz spawns on your personal timer, regardless of where you are? E.g. if I've been in town or even offline, every 3 hours, a Blizz "spawns" (or the timer marks itself as "spawned"), meaning that if I go out anytime between the 3-hour marks, I won't find a Blizz?

That would also explain why the first two days of hunting yielded a handful of Blizz's for me despite the wastelands being deserted during the short time I was out--I wasn't hunting my own Blizz's, but Blizz's on others' timers e.g. people who were in town but had their 3-hour timer activate and spawn a Blizz randomly in the wastelands...
  2. Each server (excluding Town, so the Wild and Frontier) has a timer of 30 minutes. Each player has a personal timer of 2 hours.

When the 30 minute timer is up, a player is picked at random to have a Blizz spawn near them. If that player's 2 hour timer has not finished, then that 30 minute timer will be voided. It will not go a different player, the 30 minute timer will just restart.
    ThaKloned and StoneSky like this.
  3. I finally understand how it all works.
  4. ...or you could have bought my book. ;)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. Not going to lie, I took that almost directly out of your book. :p Sorry :p
  6. So basically... it doesn't matter how much I hunt. It all comes down to luck -.-
  7. Are you sure the personal timer is 2 hours, I thought it was 3 hours?
  8. It is 3. Doofni's a nub. >_>
    Rhythmicaly and ThaKloned like this.
  9. I didn't know what this mob did when the chat message appeared, so I looked it up in the wiki. I was at half a heart and starving, but since the wiki said it was harmless I thought I could kill it no problem.
    Well... :/
  10. Last year it did no damage to the player, only armour. This year it was changed. I guess the wiki wasn't up to date.
  11. I saw this thread too late
  12. *waits for Aikar to program an actual body ritual now*
    >.>
    MmarkM likes this.
  13. Is spawning being disabled today or tomorrow?
    Dufne likes this.
  14. one spawned for me just now
    Rhythmically likes this.