Blizz Ard's back + More updates - 12/23/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Dec 23, 2015.

1. That would make more sense.
  2. My used Blizz Ard nose doesn't stack with the other unused ones, though it looks the same. Is this suppose to happen?
  3. Yes. This is because its "Time until use" timer exists, and I do not believe it does with unused ones.
    Dufne likes this.
  4. Gotcha. I figured that was it after I posted, but wasn't sure. Thanks :)
  5. Aikar, I was fighting a Marlix, a Blizz spawned. The Blizz never damaged me, because he was going after the Marlix and Guardians. Is this a glitch, or is it impossible to make him not protect you like a normal golem? Also, great job on the snowball and the body parts.
  6. I have a suggestion for blizz. I've killed 8 of them, and 3 of them didn't count as player killed. If there was a way to make them neutral toward other mobs, this would be a good idea IMO. Sometimes it can take 30 + minutes to locate blizz, and in that amount of time, other mobs can damage him to the point where you get nothing from killing him. It is really frustrating when you finally find and kill one, and don't even get tokens for 60 minutes of hunting. Otherwise, kudos to Aikar for a super fun mob. If only blizz would spawn year round in frozen biomes:)
    Pab10S, ShelLuser, ChumMiner and 2 others like this.
  7. ^
    I spent an hour looking for one and I found it fighting an Enraged Skeleton. Unfortunately the very moment I killed the skeleton, it killed the Blizz Ard with it's last shot. ;_;
    MmarkM likes this.
  8. I've had this happen several times to me as well. One Bliz I found died with my first hit and and dropped snowballs only.
    MmarkM likes this.
  9. I've had 3 or 4 do the same. Just a regular golem drop by the time I kill it. And yes, it can take a really long time to find them if they get in the wrong underground cave. But I'm still on the hunt and it is still a load of fun!
    MmarkM likes this.
  10. How long is a chunk?
  11. 16x16 from bedrock to 255
    Kytula likes this.
  12. Yups, can fully relate to the comments above; it can be a bit frustrating. Just got online after a few day break, hunted my first Blizz and yah... It got killed by other mobs. No fun if you spend quite some time looking for it.

Which made me wonder... If it can't be passive then why not simply let it drop some of its loot anyway? I understand this can (and will?) be abused but since it's a "seasonal mob" the problem shouldn't be that big. If players can't fight it then they'd still get some kind of treasurehunt. Even if the reward is minimal.
    MmarkM and Cuto like this.
  13. Two questions!

What is the respawn timer for each world? Is it 1/2 hour like the turkies?
    Does the personal 3 hour respawn timer run if you're offline? In other words, would afking for 3 hours have the same effect as logging off for 3 hours and then getting back on?
    Dufne likes this.
  14. I have only had 1 blizz spawn on me. I have run around for hours in a snowy biome and still no spawning. Is there a long timer between spawn times? The one that spawned ended up being killed by mobs so I didn't get any drops.
  15. I have had very good luck getting them to spawn in any biome (except desert and ocean biomes as mentioned by Kryysy)
    by actively working on something, moving from chunk to chunk randomly. Try mining, or spelunking, or hunting mobs at night above ground. I think the timer is 1 to 3 hours, not exactly sure though. I have killed nearly a dozen, and gotten tokens for them 7 times at most. The hard part is finding them before other mobs deal them too much damage, as snow golems in vanilla target hostile mobs to protect you, and they get the daylights beat out of them doing so. My advice to you is when one spawns, find it as FAST as you can, and hope luck is on your side. If anyone has any better Spawning Rules for Blizz, please share:)
  16. What I have done, since my whole area is lit up, is to make small dark rooms. Then just go about your work as per norm. Once you get a message that one has spawned, just check each room. I didn't know that they spawned like normal mobs when I was lighting everything up and removing lava from my outpost. Now I can get to them quicker before they get taken out by other mobs. Another trick to help is to place villagers near the rooms. This will draw the attention of zombies so they don't attack the blizz. Skeletons are the worst as they can range shoot. Not much can be done about them. Anyways this method has been working for me.
  17. Dufne, Kytula, PenguinDJ and 2 others like this.
  18. Spoiler alert: Dufne/Qwerty189/whoever the heck this is/will be forced me to help him stage this. :p
  19. Don't listen to him, kiddies. He's a few potatoes short of a hashbrown. :p
    Dufne likes this.
  20. This right here is the most glorious expression I have ever heard, and so I shall now adopt it and use it constantly to everyone's annoyance. O_O Thank you, Dufne. You have done me a great service on this day.