Blizz Ard's back + More updates - 12/23/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Woo Blizard's Arm, Wooo
    Zikko likes this.
  2. *screee* The town is soon to be overcome by Blizz Ard's army! :(

Edit: Do avalaunchers from last year look the same as this year or are the two different?
  3. Different. And snow golems obey entity limits
    Tahitan and Rhythmicaly like this.
  4. it keeps saying you can feel a cold presence 4 or 5 chunks away? what the hell is that xD i have no idea how to track the bliz's :p
  5. Everyone is talking about Blizz Ard, but I just want to mention I absolutely LOVE the /ps UI overhaul. It looks amazing!

It means Blizz is 4 or 5 chunks away. The closer you are to him, the smaller the number is.
    Tahitan and BanditLM like this.
  6. Was something changed that effect beacons? Mine are acting very odd. The only give the buff for 2 seconds, 'turn off' then back on for 2 seconds and repeat. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: And the buffs do not work at all for me.
    OriginalScuf likes this.
  7. do they despawn?
  8. So wait we can build snow golems now? Or spawb them with a nose?
  9. Spawn them with the nose :)
  10. And why exactly is it not cold enough to use the nose?
  11. Apologies up front to Kryssyy for blatantly picking up her story and expand on it a bit more, but I really enjoyed myself here and I wanted more!

If the same applies to you then I present you with the longer version of how Ard became Blizz.

Yes, this is a little bit of spam I suppose, but ... oh well :)

Love reading about the update, now time to hop online :cool:
  12. Bliz Ard? Looks like Hood Ard or Snoop Ard.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Can they spawn on jack o lanterns or destroy blocks?
    Dufne likes this.
  14. They don't destroy blocks.
    Idk about spawning on jack o lanterns.
  15. Would I have to bug Aikar about the jack o lanterns?
    Dufne likes this.
  16. They follow normal spawning mechanics as far as I know. The limits put into effect were for biomes.
  17. Custom mobs "replace" another monster or animal spawn. So if something else spawns there, it can potentially be a blizz, but you would want to optimize spawnable surface.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. Does using the nose consume the nose? Or does it make it "used", aka non-shiny? If not consumed on use, will it be usable again or not?

Also, is it only the nose that spawns snow golems? Or do the eyes and arms also do that?

And finally, the snow golem spawned--is it a regular snow golem? Passive, melts in heat, and er... every other regular snow-golem stuff?
  19. Had a Blizz Ard's Eye aaaand...
    it got blown up by a creeper. Just my luck
    Thanks for the update!