2016 Redstone Competition! (April 22-June 3)

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by AmusedStew, Apr 18, 2016.

1. I'd also like to add on that the railroad crossing will get used when I'm online, however, if I'm not online you won't see much in the way of minecarts crossing, that's why I set up a demonstration button to the side of the road (on my second res) that you can push and the first "ding" that you hear is the system getting activated, then you'll see the lights on the crossing activate, the bells will ring, and a single minecart will roll across the road on the track closest to you.

I am thinking about hooking up the daily test daylight sensor up to the requester device so that when the sun comes up... a minecart will roll across the road and back.

You pretty much hit it on the nose there, the crossing is to prevent nasty collisions with players.

RainbowChin (no chin didn't break it) helped me build that crossing in the picture, just the part over the town road. There's a second railroad crossing if you cross the crossing in the picture and turn right at the next double road and go to the other side of my 2nd res, there will be a 2nd railroad crossing between my 2nd and 3rd res, just like the one in the picture except it only has 2 tracks.
    607, ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Woot, finally sent in my entry! :D 4 hours before the ending time, or at 2 AM my time, but it's finally done now. :D

Good luck all the others, and I'm very interested to see the results! :)
    607 likes this.
  3. my entery broke
    i cri
    1.9 beat me
    ArkWarrior1 likes this.
  4. 3 hours left?

Time to get started.
    607, ShelLuser, TomvanWijnen and 2 others like this.
  5. I'd like to say: that I have added another 30000r to the prizes pool.

Also, judging may take a day or two depending on the availability of the judges :).
  6. Good luck everyone!
  7. I'm a wreck this evening (dead tired because of work, I'm only chatting and not doing much) but I'll send in my stuff later this weekend. I'll also do another review on the other contestants, seems only fair to me.
    607 and ArkWarrior1 like this.
  8. I know, I know. This bump is a whole hour early. What a rebel Stew is :cool:. No but, just wanted to say everyone has about 7 minutes to get your submission in :). I may not be on in the morning (going to see TMNT (hopefully)), so will update on judging progress after.
  9. Welp. Submitted 1 minute before :D
  10. If my math is correct, you posted this at 4am your time? Hardly "this evening" ;).
    607 likes this.
  11. I promised an update... yesterday. So, I will give one now.

The following have been judged there are still some left to be judged:
    • Mob_Meal
    • Zrugite
    Still have the following to be judged (or havent been judged by all the judges):

• TomvanWijnen
    • JesusPower2
    • Je55e
    • Jelle68
    • rburke5786
    Most of the ones that need judging still only require one more judges input. Only 1 of them need 2 judges to look at it I believe.
    Thanks, please await my next update as it will announce the winners. :)
    Jelle68, Zrugite, ArkWarrior1 and 2 others like this.
  12. Okay! Finally got all the scores and did some math and stuff. Our top 3.... *drumroll*

1st Place: Mob_Meal with his offset timer.
    • His submission-
    2nd Place: JesusPower2 with his potion brewery.
    • His submission-
    3rd Place: Zrugite with his 2x2 piston door
    • His submission-
    ~~~
    I removed any pictures from the submissions above to lessen space in post. Winners will receive their rupee prizes once I have gotten back on (an hour or 2). You guys can pick up your items once you receive a PM from me in about an hour or 2 at the following address on Utopia: 5717@pickup.

Each judge will be receiving a 5000r reward for their work and all other submitters will get a prize of 2,500r for their awesome work. (Will pay once I have paid the winners upon getting back in game).

EDIT: Money paid and chests up. Thanks again everyone for your participation. Hopefully the 2017 contest will receive many more submissions!
  13. Would it be possible to share some of the judges notes so that we understand how/why the submissions were scored the way they were?
    607 likes this.
  14. I didnt include that because it would take up much area, the scoring wasnt 100% perfection because there were 3 areas it was judged on b/t 1-10. However, I will include the notes from the 3 winners in a moment... they need a search bar for convos... have to sift through a bunch... give me a few to edit in.

Mob_Meal:
    Jesuspower2:
    Zrugite:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Next years contest will have a better system for judging than a 1-10 and more areas. It was a bit vague on what I told the judges to do imo, will be much better next year. Zrugite was the 2nd person to submit I believe which is why his doesnt have notes really- didnt inform judges to add a little note until after his was almost done judging.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Hate to say this lol, but I think you've made a calculating mistake for who's 3rd place... ;)
    607, ShelLuser and AmusedStew like this.
  16. I added correctly. Add all three judges, divide by 3.
    Trust me, I did math on the paper.
    Or, actually maybe I made a mistake in the math. I need to go to school to learn math.
    You got third place by 0.3 points. However, this is my mistake :rolleyes:. So sent you 15,000r as well as the 2500 I already sent. My graph paper was very... illegible because I did all the math without even having my morning coffee lmao.
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. Thank you very much! I'm honored. I honestly didn't expect to even place. I just wanted to show something that I hadn't been able to find in order to maybe help someone else.

I'll try to get on for a few min later to turn on my submission and give access for others to see it. But no promises, I'm going out of town and will be pressed for time this evening.
  18. Thanks for the competition. It was a fun event!
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  19. lol, I'll show you my math:

The one over there ^: 10+10+9+7+10+8+10+7+8 = 79

Then mine: 10+10+10+10+9+8+8+9+6 = 80

Which is clearly higher lol

---

Forgot to add the following:

Congratulations to the winners! :D
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  20. Disappointed about not winning, but I guess it's fair, considering I didn't submit anything.
    607, Mob_Meal, AmusedStew and 2 others like this.