1.9 Introduces Flying!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Oct 6, 2015.

1. You could bomb those damn Momentus! >: )
  2. They may be "fixing" boats, but with Columbus Day and the U.S. Navy B-day coming up how about a new promo...the unbreakable (by running into stuff) soulbound boat. Now that would be useful :)
  3. I feel like 1.9 is going to ruin Empire Minecraft and Minecraft in general.

Can we please stay in 1.8?
  4. thats what people say about every update xD but it turns out fine every time:cool:
  5. Um, nothing about 1.9 is worrying me for EMC, what are you seeing? I'm very much looking forward to it for Survival changes.
    ScrObot, Gawadrolt, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Because it's forced down our throats.
    CadenMann and PMSubhan like this.
  7. Is the gliding confirmed? If it is truly gliding where you have to start high and slowly lose altitude, we're going to be seeing pillars everywhere until the novelty wears off. If we were going to "fix" this at all, disabling it if you jump off of a pillar would be a good (and hilarious) start.
  8. No it is not. It is completely optional.
    Gawadrolt and ThaKloned like this.
  9. I see your points. I have also thought of the kicked for flying system and I do not know a way past it. Only way it could fix the kicked for flying system is checking to see if the player is wearing it and if he is constantly moving. I do hope Aikar doesn't make it supporter only.
    And invisibility potions can be fixed, Aikar hasn't gotten around to it yet.

All the gifs were posted by Jeb, and it is truly gliding by the looks of it.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  10. They don't force you to play it. All games have changes, good and bad.
    whatkom likes this.
  11. I SHALL BECOME

THE BATWALRUS
    Kephras, Gawadrolt and RainbowChin like this.
  12. The thing that was very interesting to me, that also annoyed the heck out of me...
    Fighting those 'block' creatures, they tag you with a new effect, which makes you float up... Levitation?

Was funny seeing how far up I could get, before that effect wore off.
    Funny seeing cows get smacked with it as well.

I guess they are really trying to get it 'when pigs fly'.
    ShelLuser, Hashhog and 607 like this.
  13. They've done that. Scrolls, 0*10^c, Cobalt... all not too succesful.
    highlancer54 and FoxyRavenger like this.
  14. So... Maybe they looked at wings in Trove and how they were implemented for this idea. Just a guess probably wrong.
    highlancer54 likes this.
  15. Welp, there goes the hole entire "Ooo now Minecraft has a lot of funding and support because of Mojang" idea..
  16. so you have to make EMC compatible for 1.9 :D
  17. In the GIF there's a chicken on a ledge. LOL
    ChickenDice likes this.
  18. Because Gliding
    Gawadrolt likes this.