1.11 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Sep 25, 2016.

1. I optimized my previous build! :cool:

Doesn't this look awesome?! No? Oh, ok, tough crowd today ;)

I compacted my previous design and also made it much more useful. Now you can directly access the shulker box which makes filling it up a lot quicker. Once it's full...

The compacted version of my storage transport ;)

Once the box is filled up it'll trigger the redstone behind it. The red wool gets pushed on top of the torch (I love it when I can dual-purpose something!) which then triggers both the piston (pushes the box onto the hoppers) and the dispenser under the box (delayed) so that a new one gets placed.

Eventually the chest in the upper right gets filled with filled shulker boxes ;)

About that dual-purpose, just to avoid confusion: the torch also ensures that the redstone only gets triggered when the box is fully filled up (sends a value of 15 into the comparator).

I'll test this design on a server version upcoming Friday so that I'll know if this can work on the Empire too. If it does I'm willing to build this for you guys at the cost of one or two shulker boxes for myself ;)

Thanks for sharing! Nice to know that I can actually (somewhat accurately) recognize a vanilla drop chance ;)
    ILTG, 607 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  2. Sooo, these Mansions had a bit of a problem on my side after I reloaded the world:

Quite a bit of the Mansion had been turned back into natural landscape, completely removing huge chunks of it.

Also:

Curse of Binding in a loot chest.
    ILTG, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. I read on the Minecraft forums that if you rename a Vindicator (the guy with the axe) to "Johnny" then he'll go berserk and will attack every mob in sight (excluding other illagers). Heeeere's Johnny!

Haven't tried this one out myself yet but it sounds like a cool easter egg!
    ILTG, Kytula, 607 and 3 others like this.
  4. Loaded up a new world and went to a new Mansion, first thing I saw was this

Some brilliant landscape blending right here.
    Next thing I found was a mysterious hole in the floor (did they really remove Herobrine or were they lying :eek:)

I ran around the halls for a bit until I came across a door which had managed to seal itself shut
    On the other side was actually a room.

About 10 minutes later I decided to look behind one of those faces on the staircases.

And what did I find? Nothing nice.

This wouldn't be fun to deal with in SP have to say.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  5. That gives me an idea for an elevator design...
  6. Let us know how it goes. It will probably eat up more fps then water or minecart elevators but I would be interested in knowing if it causes more or less lag then redstone elevators.
  7. Well the Evokers and Vindicators don't respawn but this looks like confirmation that you can predictably get a spider spawner in this dungeon (I went back to the same face over stairs to the 3rd floor and found a spawner) which means we can still make mob farms out of these as a side benefit.
    Kytula, 607 and LtCaptainMe like this.
  8. Oh, the Shulkers themselves actually come in different colours too, that's interesting!
    Seeing as you can't seem to dye the boxes, would the coloured Shulkers perhaps spawn naturally too? I'd doubt it, as non-purple ones wouldn't be camouflaged, and a dying recipe might be added in later.
    Still, I think it's cool!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. So I loaded up a superflat world and took some screenshots of some of the new stuff in 1.11 (latest snapshot)
    Vindicator.
    Attacks with an iron axe, drops on wall.

Can be renamed to "Johnny" to attack all mobs except other Illagers.
    Evoker.

Summons the "Vex" (little ghosts with iron swords) and summons fangs in a straight line in front of it to damage enemies. Drops on wall. Drops the Totem of Undying, will give you a short boost of regeneration and absorption when a killing hit is made on you, has to be held in either hand to take effect and is used up upon use.

The Shulker now drops a shell on a occasion called "Shulker Shell"

Shell is on wall.
    The Shell is used to create the Shulker Chest.

The Shulker Chest allows you to store items in a chest, which you can break and the items will stay inside. They can not be stored inside each other, they can be placed directly below you without jumping (patched :().
    Different colours of Shulker Chest are available however I am not sure if the recipe works.

As an extra, the new colours of shulker :)

Curse of Binding.
    This is an enchantment which can be applied to armour and tools, you can not un-equip the armour holding this enchantment once it is equipped, it does however come off upon death.

As you can see I was spam clicking shift click as the other curse of binding legs moved in my inventory. This curse can be bypassed in creative mode.

Curse of Vanishing.
    This curse causes any item with this curse to disappear when the player dies.

As you can see the boots are not where I died, however the sword is.
    This curse can be bypassed using /gamerule KeepInventory true

Llamas can come in different colours and can be ridden. When killed they drop leather.

Carpets are used as "saddles" on these creatures.

As a bonus, invisible llama!

Cartographer.

Will be used to trade for the "Treasure maps"
    Treasure maps allow you to find dungeons using a map.
    The trades I got from this one were, paper for emeralds, compass for emeralds and emeralds for maps.

Nitwit.

Does literally nothing.

Did I miss anything? Tell me and I'll update this.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  10. Maybe we'll get themed ones. Like a yellow shulker in a desert temple and green(ish) ones in an ocean monument (would be impossible I think but still funny).

I'd like a Minecraft "shulker escape update" where the Shulkers escape from the End :)
    gladranger7, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  11. You kill the Shulkers and get Shulker Shells, which craft into the Shuker Boxes, dyes can be added at that stage.
  12. Now you're literally a Shell-user! :D
  13. I'm aware :) Doesn't work right now though, it's one of the bugs which will get fixed in the next update.

But there also seems to be a color tag available for the Shulker itself, which could mean that they're also preparing for colored variants as well ;)
    607 likes this.
  14. Well the EnderMen are in the Nether now so who knows.
  15. Shulker boxes are now paintable, when dispensed they can be in all directions, and when placed they don't push you up anymore, so the elevator idea is not possible!
    Oh, and Etho did actually manage to breed the llamas in his video, using hay bales.
    gladranger7 and Kytula like this.
  16. oh good I was scared I couldn't breed em...
  17. The devs made a choice on twitter whether they would add Llamas or Alpacas, Llamas won that.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  18. I found a seed for a Woodland Mansion. It took me like 30 min. just to light the whole place up....with torches....not fire XD Its really cool but word of advice, do creative not survival because you will get torn apart. If you wish to be on survival make sure your really prepared because the mansion is infested with the new mobs and tons of other hostile mobs because its so dark.
    Here is the seed:

To get to the mansion use this, its not to far from spawn:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d_78H5eC7c
  19. Maybe a tip: bring a shield with you! Those have been really buffed and now block almost everything, including a creeper explosion. It even goes as far as to block shulker missiles and burning zombies also no longer set you on fire. I survived this thing in survival but it was mostly thanks to the shield which saved me from a lot of damage!
    gladranger7, 607 and Lordess_Spartan like this.
  20. yeah well it was dumb that the zombies could burn u... even tho they may have been a little OPed...
    ShelLuser likes this.