1.11 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Sep 25, 2016.

1. So true. In fact, it is one of the reasons which make me think Mojang members honestly do not play their own game. Not in the way they should be. Because this has struck me as odd from the start of 1.9: how on earth can you be set on fire when a burning zombie hits you and gets blocked?!

It's also why I believe Aikar DOES play his own server and in a way it should be. Seriously.. The quality of like update (part I & part II) was driven (according to Aikar's own comments) by his own experiences from playing on the Empire. And well, some changes... I think you had to live them to notice their impact. Which made Aikar's comments all the more credible to me.

Just my 2 cents here of course and with a little bias, I'll admit to that :)
    607 and gladranger7 like this.
  2. bias is only wrong when its not true...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. gray looks so weird with the eye things
    Acemox2k and Kytula like this.
  4. That pink carpet llama is rude! Trying to look like nyan cat, not nice u look like a fool llama!! XD nyan cat is my distant cousin
    Kytula likes this.
  5. Do you think im ready for the mansion? XD
  6. As long as you're in creative: yes. ;)
    jkjkjk182 and Lordess_Spartan like this.
  7. I am going to change to survival :p
    607 likes this.
  8. So I downloaded the server version, installed it on a company server and then configured things. Aya & me are currently messing around a bit for my upcoming Exploration review (I'm so excited about this release, I just have to! :cool:) and for some reason I felt really creative today. Expect something soon (at most tomorrow, probably in a few hours) in the writers corner :)

I just wanted to share that the shulker box can be an invaluable tool for your creative worlds.

Thing is: you can't get every item out of the creative inventory (try getting a leather chestplace with color code #CCCCCC). And because you don't have a personal crafting grid in creative mode (I never understood why) you sometimes need to rely on a crafting table.

Unless...

So, I'm in creative mode, I have the gamerule doNoTileDrops set to true (breaking a block doesn't give a drop) and just to be sure I also placed a backup copy of this shulker box in an ender chest.

Here's the deal: I'm doing a story and I need an actor (renamed spawn egg). Instead of having to make one (use inventory for spawn egg & anvil, place anvil, renaming, remove anvil, done) I can now do: place story box, take out spawn egg, destroy story box, done.

Creative mode does not use up my story box (from my real inventory). Removing it destroys it (see game rule) and so I have a SC full of custom items which only takes up 1 inventory slot.

This is amazing!
    gladranger7, 607 and Lordess_Spartan like this.
  9. So I Return From A Trip To The Mansion.....welp....it....was....horrifying. So I had my op gear and stuff and I defeat all the new mobs and old 1 by one until like 20 hoards of zombies chase me out of the mansion. I just ran away climbing trees then eventually killed them all. So I headed back to the mansion and killed off every mob on each floor or well most of them :p So I explored the mansion, its pretty cool! I got bored so went to creative and spawned in TONS of Evokers and Vindicators, idk if I spelled those names right XD I switch back to survival and all hell broke loose. I was eating enchanted golden apples like crazy to stay alive. My shields broke and eventually my helmet and pants. I actually did quite good compared to what I thought I would do! So after a few minutes there were only a few of the ones like mages I cant remember if there vindicators or evokers :p So many vex's they were EVERYWHERE!!!! They are so annoying flying around and going through blocks, you see them then u dont. They are always in ur face and its hard to hit them since they are flying and going through blocks ;-; They barely hurt u, well I had good armor on but they didnt hurt me :p They were just like a ton of fly's taunting you :'( so mean :p Well anyway it was pretty fun going against this mansion and I only went through 1 stack of ench. golden apples ( that is a lot actually XD ) and I only had to use 1 totem of undying ( thats such a good name "undying" thats as good as totem of not death :p ). I got tons of iron axes, emeralds, and totems of undying! I can add this to my Monster Arena Game I made on my single player world now :D
    gladranger7 and 607 like this.
  10. This is another shulker box rant, sorry ;)

Last night I spend a lot of time on a snapshot creative world and once again noticed how awesome shulker boxes can be! I need to vent a little :cool:

As awesome as creative is, it doesn't give you everything (and I'm not even talking about those secretive blocks like spawners and command blocks). For example: try getting some fireworks out of it. You may get a plain firework star, but that won't do you much good, trust me.

Or what about a nice set of god gear? Now, this is something which you can partly grab out of your inventory (the armor, the enchanted books and the anvil) but now you'll be looking at quite a bit of messing around. Sure, if you're a die hard who knows all the enchantment ID's I suppose you could simply do something like....

/give @p minecraft:diamond_chestplate 1 0 {ench:[{id:34,lvl:3},{id:1,lvl:4}]}

This would give you a diamond chestplate with the Unbreaking III & Protection IV enchantments. The NBT isn't too hard if you keep up with opening & closing: "/give .... {}", then add: "/give ... {ench:[]}" and then you just fill in the enchants while making sure to enclose every pair (id & lvl) within {}'s. The main problem I often have is remembering the ID's (though the 21 books in the Combat section give it away a bit: ID 0 = Protection, so from 0 to 21. Then it continues at 32 in the Tools section).

But now I prefer using Shulker boxes, this is my 'survival box':

God armor, OP gear, food, some building materials and a clock. Whenever I want to play survival (but with a huge advantage) all I have to do is grab this box and get everything I need from it. First I give myself an enderchest (/give @p ender_chest) and get it out. And if you're in creative you can simply use the middle mouse button to duplicate the chest with all the contents :D

About that fireworks I mentioned earlier? This is my red fireworks box:

I wrote & signed the book myself, it's a manual/summary of all the ingredients and their function. Hm, maybe I should make that on the Empire as well! Next are all 4 main effect ingredients and the 2 'extra' (enhancement) ingredients. Together with every dye (color) in the game.

This is all you need to make every possible firework combination. And the best part: because I added full stacks I can easily take out a copy (middle mouse button) and give it to a regular player so that they can experiment as well.

Shulker boxes are totally awesome, and I think they'll become a huge hit on the Empire (or I sincerely hope so: can you imagine selling backpacks filled with cool items?).

There's another huge advantage, but that has little to do with 1.11, so I'll just spoiler that ;)

If you combine your shulker boxes with a structure block (as shown above) you can easily create a toolbox which you can then copy onto every Minecraft level where you need it!

It's really easy:
    • Make sure you face East (use F3 to check) and place all your shulker boxes in front of you.
    • Give yourself a structure block (/give @p structure_block) and don't forget you can use <tab> to expand commands (like so: /gi<tab> @p stru<tab>bl<tab> and you got the full command).
    • Place one in the lower left (front) corner, open its interface (right click) and switch it to corner mode, also give it a name (mode switch can be found in the lower left corner of the interface).
    • Place one in the upper right corner, you may need some dirt or other blocks. Also switch to corner mode and give it the same name.
    • Now place yet another structure block somewhere in front, give it the same name as well, and switch it to save mode, then click 'DETECT' (found on the right).
    You should end up with something as shown in the main picture. Open the interface again, click 'Save' and you're done.

If you check your Minecraft world saves folder you'll find a sub-folder called "structures", this will contain one (or more) nbt files. These are the structure files which are used by the structure blocks. So all you need to do is copy those to another level (in their own structures folder of course), then use a structure block in load mode to load your shulker toolboxes again.

In case you want to 'cheat' a little bit (or maybe you're just curious): you can (temporarily!) download my toolbox here. Only usable with the snapshots of course!

Hope you'll enjoy :)
  11. I haven't had time to play Minecraft lately, but from what I read above, those wooden mansions sound nice. It'll be a nice new challenge to the singleplayer experience.
  12. So, let's discuss something... The other day (see post above) I was thinking about this.

Should we be able to sell filled Shulker boxes using our shops?

I'm very mixed about this idea, and would love to hear what you think.

On the positive side this could be really cool: you can sell "goodie bags" (as I like to call them). You buy one thing and get many extra stuff. For example I could imagine selling a "Shell survival box" which would consist of several (diamond) tools, food, a compass, a clock and some materials.

On the negative side: what is to stop me from dumping in renamed items, then selling the box as if it contained cool items while it doesn't? Take my story box for example, it contains some renamed items and as you can see... I don't think you'd have a clue what you'd be buying:

Of course: when players are scamming then the staff will intervene, I'm sure of that.

Even so... Food for thought? What do you guys think?
    JesusPower2 and 607 like this.
  13. Selling boxes filled with items shouldn't be allowed IMO. It could be too much work to adapt the shop system to not only look two layers deep, but also verify. I would rather not have to wait longer for 1.11 just for boxed item selling.

About shulker box prices. They will be high, but I doubt they will be higher than elytra prices. They serve more use but are more common. In Etho's latest episode, he said he averaged 13 shells per city over 9 cities. Not common, but also not rare.
  14. There are some pretty weird bugs in these snapshots (as always I guess). I think I discovered one, but haven't had time to double check. But it seems that if someone is under the influence of an effect (slowness, nausea, etc.) and then gets killed then they lose the effects after respawning, but not the particles.

Sometimes I can't help wonder how such bugs get created, especially considering that this worked pretty normal in 1.10. Oh well...
    607 likes this.
  15. Mojang is hiring a few children who then get access to all the code of Minecraft, and should "make some more bugs, because we don't have enough already! :D"... :p
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Command blocks?
  17. Nope :p much simpler
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  18. Just putting it in it? :p

Or, maybe using a hopper?
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  19. Still no, but nice try :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.