Your Favorite God/Goddess?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ritunn, Sep 13, 2016.

1. wouldnt really be "catholicism" when it came to anywhere that wasnt a part of the holy roman empire
  2. That sounds cool. I think ill download it sometime today :3
  3. Sent a request
  4. I'll accept it when I get on for the 2017 Odyssey today.
  5. Get curse voice, so I can help you out since it seems you still need to learn on what to build...
  6. Sure thing, I haven't been doing much for builds at the moment, mostly just playing and getting used to it.
  7. Also Do Not Disturd mode means no one can pm you or send you party invites
  8. Dunno what you mean.

The Netherlands was part of the Holy Roman Empire from 962 (and Middle Francia in 870) until they got independence in 1581 as the Dutch Republic/United Provinces. Going by the logic of 'if it wasn't part of the HRE, it wouldn't be Catholic' (<- which is untrue depending on which century you mean), it would be Catholic.
  9. Not a god, precisely, but I always loved the story of Pygmalion. Of course, seeing as it's about a guy who falls in love with his own artistic creation (a statue, who is then brought to life by Aphrodite), I suspect my girlfriend might take some issue with that. ;)
    She's fascinated by Egyptian mythos, herself.
    khixan and 607 like this.
  10. the term "catholic" was not really used to describe specific christians in fact the protestant reformation really made it a "sect" of the christian faith. before that "catholic" just was used as a broad term to refer to christians of any specific sect. The words etymology literally means "in general"
  11. Hey, you know me, right? :p
    Anyway, I notice that too. Less and less people are being brought up with Christianity in Western countries. In third world countries, though, it's quite the opposite. There Christianity becomes more and more prevalent, I think.
    But remember: you might not see many Christians in your age group because you're still young and your age group is young. If you aren't brought up with Christianity, you might only really get to know about it in your twenties, thirties, or later.

Nice! Ovidius, right? (yes, I know, he's called "Ovid" in English, but I don't like how classic names get Anglicised)
    There are some lovely verses in that story!
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  12. The devil is real and if u let him in ur life he will make u kill yourself
    ESSELEM and UltiPig like this.
  13. I don't think so. Not necessarily or directly, at least. (referring to the latter part of the sentence)
  14. That whAt I believe in
    UltiPig likes this.
  15. This thread isnt about beliefs, so puck your favorite god or you are off topic.
    Kephras and CallumDAKing like this.
  16. Everyone knows it and was raised to believe in it (I have been to a Catholic school all of my life lol) and we had it drilled into us that not believing in a God is bad, we all just ended up thinking it was ridiculous and find science (which wasn't taught at my Catholic primary school at all) to be much more believable. I believe the internet has a lot to do with this, or religion really is outdated to us.
  17. Ah, that could be the problem too, then. I mean, my parents were very cool with it, but religion being forced upon you as a child (or at any age, really, but children are more easily controlled in that way) yields bad results in most cases.
    Zrugite and khixan like this.
  18. IMO this is a bit of projection. Take practically any subject...if you have an opinion on it, and you selectively associate with others of the same opinion, then naturally you might begin to feel like the opposite camp is very small.

If you aren't going to church, youth groups or missions -- e.g. where a majority of the "religious" might be -- then yeah, you're going to have less chance to meet them. While on the other hand if you primary attend raves, rock concerts and frat parties then you're going to be less likely to notice their presence. :)

Could be. Or consider the alternative that they may not be comfortable enough to broach the subject at the time. Sometimes addressing the offence is not worth risking the fight.
    607 likes this.
  19. I could reply, but I think we should stick more to discussion about mythical gods, honestly.
    bitemenow15 likes this.