What happened here? TNT or something else?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LindenNZ, Jun 1, 2020.

1. The whole mountain is riddled with holes and also the surrounding landscape is covered in holes that seem to be in a pattern? It really doesn't look like TNT. Was this some griefing with an illegal mod or what...?

ShelLuser, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  2. It's SMP9 Waste SE
    Stnywitness likes this.
  3. Appears to be TNT; you can see how some of the coal ores are not blown up, I believe they have a higher blast resistance.
    (Edit: apparently it's actually got a lower blast resistance. But TNT is weird. Idk.)
    I wouldn't worry about it. It's the waste, it's supposed to look like this :p
    Also heyyyy I'm in that screenshot
    Stnywitness, ShelLuser and Uzack like this.
  4. Would TNT cause a wide area of damage with holes all over the surface about 1x2x4 blocks? It is very odd. It reminds me of the damage caused by TNT mods.

(I know some people take an anarchy approach to the waste but not everyone on EMC does. On SMP7 we keep it tidy-ish, at least usable by other players so that they can navigate the landscape around spawn safely and easily. Even though it's a temporary area and gets reset I think we should still be showing consideration for other players. :) )
    607, Stnywitness and wafflecoffee like this.
  5. Yeah, this really doesn't look like tnt to me. Really strange...

If what remained looked different, I might consider it to me TnT, but that is just really weird... (the remains of the blast that is). I've never had tnt leave "lines" floating in the air like that.
  6. Did someone say TNT? :mad:

So all the way back in 2015 (filename of the picture above: 2015-10-18_21.17.41.jpg) I noticed that I had a bunch of TNT and on "another server" (as well as my own server) I can enjoy sessions where I blow stuff up. I especially enjoy a triggered mechanic where one TNT explosion triggers another TNT block. b00m baby!

So... what we did here. We started at the surface and decided to blast our way down until we hit bedrock. And after that we decided to continue blasting because we also wanted some results: there was iron and redstone to be found here!

And we made a profit alright! :cool:

This is obviously the most efficient way of mining (well, most definitely one that is the most fun IMO) and well... I'll let my screenshot speak for itself:

Now... I don't know all the details anymore but I think we grabbed several stacks (at least 4 stacks each) and just started blasting. Of course the above comment isn't fully serious, I don't know how much TNT goes for nor do I know how much mats we managed to dig up but... It is true that we spend waaay more on TNT than we got back from spoils.

Which is also the jist of my post... Don't be too quick with assuming foul play. Sure, you can't fully rule it out (then again, there's really no way to tell for sure (for us players anyway)) but also don't underestimate some of the crazy things which players can & are willing to do. There are many veterans on the Empire who wouldn't mind at all to (virtually) spend thousands of rupees just to have a bit of fun while goofing around in the waste.

For example... it wouldn't be the first time and I doubt it'll be the last where I simply couldn't be bothered to pick up some materials from a waste base even though I knew it contained some diamonds and iron and such and instead I simply let it go to waste because... meh... We'll build another one soon enough.

Something unheard of for some players but for me? I honestly couldn't care less.

So yah.... to me it looks like someone had some fun over there :)

(edit)

I have, but it heavily depends on how you ignited said TNT and of course what the landscape looked like before. But it's not impossible to achieve, especially if you bring plenty of TNT :)
    Stnywitness likes this.
  7. Wow... that's quite a sight to behold. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it's an illegal mod allowing a player to do that, but I guess TNT can do it as well.

This kind of reminds me of the lava casts that were made in the wilderness on one of the servers. Me, Rayaan, and several other EMC players got to work at taking it apart, that is, until SS came on and world edited it out of existence. I'm curious if SS can do the same here, except bring the land back? :confused:
    607 and Stnywitness like this.
  8. Some kind of world edit mishap....?

There is a place in SMP7 Frontier where there is a bunch of floating bedrock above ground. :p

I really don't think it's TNT. The surrounding landscape is riddled with small holes. TNT doesn't do that.

I have cleared away lava casts manually. Not fun.
  9. Nope. And even if it was //brush isn't *that* messy. :)

#NotMe
    Sazukemono, LindenNZ and wafflecoffee like this.
  10. You sure? I've seen WE do some pretty messed up things in my own SP worlds :p
  11. Oh I'm sure. I'm crazy but not crazy enough to experiment with a function I've never used before that close to an outpost ;)
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  12. #notme 😂
    MoreMoople likes this.
  13. Yeah, I took a closer look at the thing, and it really doesnt look like tnt to me...
    I know it can do weird things... but it just looks really... different.
    I got nothing here, lol. No idea.
  14. Dream!!!! :love: :<3: his manhunt videos are epic; go watch them!

But definitely not a creeper, though you are getting warmer.....
  15. a plague of silverfish? the wither? rock termites? :p
  16. Wait... you know more about this. :p
    Now I get this gif:
    Although your further participation in the thread goes against it. :p
    LindenNZ likes this.
  17. That was me last night around this time. I was getting ready to go to sleep when I saw the post :p

And it may or may not be possible I know more about how that mountain suddenly warped itself into a dormant volcano.
    Sazukemono and 607 like this.