Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced for 2016!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhm, I wasn't complaining, I even think what you're (= EMCs organising stuff) is doing this in a good way, as in, waiting for the next update if it's (semi-)near, instead of resetting at the set dates, AND at the updates. :)
    ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  2. (no offense also) The 1.9 update did turn into a bit of a nightmare. I know from a business perspective you want the latest and greatest but I would have the update dependant on the reset instead of the reset dependant on the update. I say this while also knowing that there are plenty of resources left in the waste and we really don't have to have a reset. This is a bit of a departure but I was wondering when the new spawns that allow us to tp to 1 mill and 10 mill out in the frontier will be done?
  3. The last time I heard about those (one or two weeks ago, I believe), they were scheduled to release with the 1.10 update, as 1.10 gave new world generation stuff. :)
  4. I, for one, love the Aikar memes as long as they're made in good fun and not mean.

The forums are as close as I can get to emc for the time being sooo .. *waits patiently for them memes to start up.
    DrSparticals and Kytula like this.
  5. The best ones generally involve a cat.
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  6. Forget all the MC updates...work on Empires instead.
    That's my $ .02
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.
  7. When is the next one scheduled? Dec 5th?
  8. Right now there's no official schedule to my knowledge. The intention is to upgrade EMC directly to 1.11 (so skipping 1.10), also because the release for 1.11 seems to be happening soon enough. So first Minecraft 1.11 needs to be released (you'll know it'll get really close once they release the official "pre-releases"), then Aikar and the devs. will have to test things and after that...

My guess is that it could happen somewhere in November, but considering the date... I think it might not be a bad idea at all to keep December 5th in mind as an option too.
    crazyminerpete and Kytula like this.
  9. Whenever updates are going to happen, they don't reset the wastes because they don't want to reset them to often, for instance if they reset them every update and stuck to the schedule we might end up having like 5 resets or 6 each year, whereas this way we get less than the schedule. In my opinion the reset happens a little too frequently however, when an update is going to come out it postpones the reset, and it postpones the reset for far too long. IMO resets should be postponed for 2 months maximum and then update or not they should happen, then once the update has a set release date (EMC release date) give advance warning for one week before hand for people to haul their stuff out of the waste.
  10. Imo and im in the minority. I think there should be 1 scheduled update a year and then version updates. All these scheduled ones just makes things complicated and floods the market
    ThaKloned, Eviltoade and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Floods the market? Floods it with what? I think there are still resources out there and a reset doesn't cause some huge influx of anything. But, I do know one thing because I have heard it from several new players including irl friends that don't want to play this server, their big turn off to Empire was seeing that torn up waste.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  12. Maybe they meant Frontier?

And expecting a resource world to not be torn up? They might as well give up survival :/
  13. floods it with things we take for granted like packed ice and hard clay, that stuff is almost worth the same as moss stone because you can go on almost any server and step off spawn into it.
    i thought it was too much before the updates picked up speed but now my opinion is resolute, the game updates are happening so fast now that every single time one is near it throws off our own reset schedule. so why stick to that schedule?
    in the long run i see the positive and negative aspects of it, and think that the cons slightly outweigh the pro's. economic growth shouldnt be outright discouraged but only slowly dealt with in cases of sudden phenomena
  14. There's still plenty to take in the wastelands. The frontier near outposts is all torn to shreds tho, at least a few of them. Maybe that is what they meant? Idk. But I agree, you should expect a resource world to look bad anyway; even though there's still plenty left.
  15. The issue is the Frontier was reset once in fall 2012... then years after they added a wasteland...

There are players who restore around the frontier, I am going a massive one with a friend on smp6 at /wild e in the west direction...
    Kytula and Taggerung5162 like this.
  16. Honestly, block prices need to come up. There is supply but the blocks are so cheap (relative to enchants and trade goods) that they get bought out in bulk. I'm guilty of that so I'm not blaming...I'd spend a LOT more if I didn't feel guilty emptying the malls.

For your friends, you should just point them at the live map. Some of the SMPs have a torn up frontier spawn, but others are pristine. Plus it's just a short trip on a nether rail to get further out.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  17. On the subject of blocks/cost, a good deal of our problem is the production via farms and mechanized devices. There is nothing wrong with creativity and being industrious. If I have a machine that cranks out a product by the thousand and i can transform that product, with the use of a mod, with one click over and over with one click by the thousand then it literally cost me nothing to provide to the market. This product can be priced so low that selling in vast quantity at a low price yields a high return.

If the mass produced produced product could be distinguished between the "hand made" product. You know, one click = one product. This product is harvested from the wild, one at a time. Or something like that. It might bring an aspect of craftsmanship to the game. Make the product that was made by an artisan have more value than the dollar store one.

As long as the market is flooded and it takes no effort to have your chests overflowing the "invisible hand of the market" will continue to push things along. It does not matter How many times the wastes are reset.
    Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  18. the blocks being reffered to arent industrialised ones, blocks like packed ice should be rare, large quantities took time and tools, there is no craftable way to manufacture them. and yet they are worth about the same as any other common block because people can go out every third or fourth month and demolish an ice spikes biome that is right next to a spawn.

items like that should have a higher rarity index in a vanilla world but dont because of the ever shifting biomes of the waste
    Acemox2k likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.