Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced for 2016!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohh thanks for the reminder :D
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.
  2. I would disable the sword strike cooldown, it sucks :p (You can easily do this with a command).
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  3. I have been a member of EMC I think a month and a half before you but I didn't join the forums until a year and a half later.
    lol
    Totally irrelevant but w/e lol
  4. Thanks for the reminder about 1.9 and wastelands reset! :D
  5. It's cool that 1.9 will be alot easier than 1.9, but my question is... where are we on grief protection and empires/land claiming? I would think that would take... higher priority... since the populous has been screaming for it for... years now.. instead of the new shiny thing.

Would be nice if we, the little people(normal players), could be given a bit of a heads up on it's progress. I never understood the air of secrecy the powers that be have in regards to future updates to the server. I know we can look in the dev tracker, but that shows minimal info for a non-login. For ANYTHING related to what the grief protection/land claiming is not updated since last November.
  6. What. When is 1.9 coming out in EMC
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  7. We3_Nub_ likes this.
  8. Aikar will choose what's best for the Empire when it comes to factors within the update seeing as how he's the one coding it all in and making it work :p
    Just a note though - you could always quote both of these in one post next time as it only takes one post rather than two :)
  9. Yeah, lets see how you end up doing the end stuff. Maybe put the end we have right now as a “frontier end” so the endermen farm owners won't rage quit emc and add a new end that resets as a “wasteland end” so we can all get fresh end resources, and maybe disable dragon spawning with the wasteland end?
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  10. This reset does NOT include the Frontier or Town. Just imagine the panic if it did!!! :cool:
    ThaKloned and We3_Nub_ like this.
  11. Wait.

The EMC logo for February has 14 hearts. 14 hearts equals 28 health. February has 28 days usually, but not this year. There is therefore 1/2 a heart missing. There are 15 letters in "Empire Minecraft".

[28 + (1/2)] / 15 = 1.9

:eek::eek::eek: EMC 1.9 update confirmed for end of February, guys!! :eek::eek::eek:
    kaptrix, ShelLuser, tuqueque and 10 others like this.
  12. but i know for a fact, the smp9 End doesnt even have its obsidian towers any more, so making the end dragon only able to spawn in what you would concider "The Frontier End" would probably reset the island and destroy what players already made, so it would be smarter to have him spawn in the "Waste End" for the simple reason that nobody would build anything there so it would be safer and no one would get mad, I'm curious how the special end will work with how EMC is set up ;)
  13. Maybe I might find diamonds this time, or fail and wait 3 months...
  14. Speaking of 1.9, what's going to happen with EMC and the combat changes? Is the difficulty going to have to be tweaked to make adjustments for the buffs to mobs in the vanilla game (plus the new saturation -> regen system) and such?
  15. What's the protocol for snagging things left in the waste that you didn't build, on say, the day reset is about to occur? Is it permitted if we set those blocks aside for a day in case the owner claims they were taken. I don't know how often it actually occurs, but would hate to see valuables just left behind to be destroyed. It would be nice if there was an x-Hour period where the waste was open to "griefing" just prior to the reset.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  16. Diamonds aren't that difficult to find in the waste. Just find an un-touched area and dig down to around level 11. I found some just recently when running an experiment, and I was very close to a spawn.
  17. Hi PenguinDJ. Thanks for weighing in, and I appreciate your opinion. I was hoping though for a more formal response from Senior Staff.

I can understand the "someone placed it, it's sacred" mentality. In fact, I'd hate to see something I had built or placed anywhere in the game (including the Waste) just be griefed. There have been several instances where I have personally contacted Staff about griefing within the Waste. However, when it comes to a reset, I think there should be some leeway. Usually there is advance notice of a reset. In addition, players are warned when entering the Waste that building anything permanent there is a bad idea. Personally, if I could not retrieve blocks from the waste within a reasonable period of time of a reset, I would rather another Player benefit from them than have them lost altogether.

If, within a VERY short timeframe of a SCHEDULED reset, somone has not made effort to remove blocks placed in the Waste, I do not think it really should be considered griefing to remove those blocks in anticipation of them being destroyed altogether forever.

If on the other hand, Senior Staff determines as a policy that anything placed should be considered protected regardless a scheduled reset, then I guess I must respect such a policy. Afterall, this is an Empire, not a Replublic or a Democracy. Either way, I would like a clearly stated policy regarding this matter.
  18. I dont know if this would be the right place to ask, but what will happen to the Mojang Symbol for Banner Making? I ask this as Gapples were the only way to get the banner pattern in survival. Will Gapples be in /shop? Could there be a custom recipie using regular Gapples for them? Are they gone for good?
  19. Probably coincidence, and 14 standw for Feb. 14, Valentines day.
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  20. Yeah, you're right. But dragon eggs should be disabled on both ends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.