Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced 2015!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cant wait! The loot is great! Thanks for this :)
  2. Thanks kysyyjane! I'll be sure not to be there but I like so many others will be waiting in the wings. Like effinBatman said.. fresh and exciting. *squeals w/glee & excitement*
    Gawadrolt and EffinBatman like this.
  3. Nice!
    607 likes this.
  4. We definitely can! :)
    It'll have a new seed, else people could remember where the temples, diamonds et cetera are :)
  5. Agreed. In the past month I've found 3 mineshafts (2 completely untouched), 3 dungeons, a Blizz-Ard, 2 Super Turkeys, and found an unopened Holiday Chest just yesterday. Just have to adventure far enough out from the outposts. ;)

EDIT: Annnd just found an unexplored Jungle Temple. Woo!
  6. :eek: I forgot about those! I will need to get out there before the reset for sure. Come on internet connection, please, please stop being so slow.
    Perry_Stahlsis likes this.
  7. I've pulled out 2 DC's of clay balls from a nearby swamp in the wastelands from the center outpost on smp5. Convient that a reset is going to take place. I just will find another swamp to raid all of it's clay! :D
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  8. Yey! I cannot wait to go mining in the brand new reset wastelands, I hope people do not destroy near the outposts :( It is so annoying when that happens
  9. Leave a like if you cannot wait to mine and gather resources!
    ElmofiedBoby and ChrisFlareon like this.
  10. Why don't we reset the Wastelands every month? That would teach people that building should happen in your res and not other peoples resource centre:):p:D;)
  11. It's honestly too much to reset it every 3 months, but the community wanted it more frequently. It takes more than just hitting a button so no, once a month is NOT going to happen.
  12. It costs much work to reset the Wastelands, it isn't at all something quick and easy to do. It also isn't really needed to reset it every month.
    crystaldragon13 and ChrisFlareon like this.
  13. Two weeks to find them Bliz Ard and Super Turkey stragglers...
  14. Good... I've already cleared out my strip mine way ahead of time, removed the Ender Chest and resource areas, etc. :D

Hopefully this will open up an opportunity for new Nether Fortress encounters, raw Emerald Ores, and the final good riddance to those nasty and annoying Super Turkeys. :p
  15. Yay! Reset time! Lets be honest people... there are still loads and loads of resources in the wastes. The tricky part is always to get past the torn up area adjacent to the spawn points. Run a couple hundred blocks in any direction and POW, loads of things to mine. It is true, however, that we shall have pop-n-fresh areas to explore and poke about!!!
    ;) Ooooh shiny!

Last one to the Diamond Ore is a rotten egg! :rolleyes:
  16. cant wait for reset then i can brake out the haste 2 beacon with efficiency 5 and clear out a huge chunk of level 10-15 lol gonna get alot of diamonds :p
  17. Awesome! 2 days before Friday Night Miners! Will be waiting! :D
  18. Very true Mr Socks75 the red text always signs a bad thing, to anyone who is reading this I have signed a petition to keep the waste, so just type in iCrazyEvestar
  19. Yes, my favorite part of a new wasteland is the exploration! Its fun to get out there and discover new areas. And As it was said before, the wasteland is still extremely bountiful in resources once you go out a couple hundred blocks. Even back when the wastelands didn't get recent for far more than 3 months <I swear I had played nearly a year before wastelands reset!> There was still plenty of resources out there to get and it STILL wasn't much farther than a few hundred blocks out.
    wylliemo likes this.
  20. The Frontier never gets reset, that is where they intend you to build your permanent structures. Never re-setting the wasteland would mean that 'eventually' everything would be mined out, foraged, collected, cut down and one day there would be nothing much left. The main reason for resetting the waste is to keep the younger ones happy, those who are a bit too nervous to venture too far into the world to get resources. Mining outposts are supposed to be temporary anyway until the time when the area is 'mined out' and you must pack up and move to a new area anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.