Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced 2015!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #41st! WOO HOO!
  2. Moar quartz! \(o3o)/
  3. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  4. I just love that face ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  5. Finally they're being reset! Can't wait to explore!
  6. I'm not upset at all, but seriously, why 3 months apart? That seems way too often.
  7. Some folks like to setup TEMPORARY structures. These are not elaborate things, but they do aid in the mining and materials transport process. Sometimes they're just things to tinker with while waiting for something to smelt.

To see an example of something that I tinkered with casually for just over a month, go to my res, the SE corner. I moved it, of course, today.

As well some folks, like me, like subterranean exploring, for its own sake, in the wastes and frontier. Too frequent of a reset would unnecessarily remove that enjoyment from the wastes. I've run across some neat visual finds. Some have even been rewarding for materials too.

And finally the notion of "teaching people that building...." sounds too much like "punish people for building ..." If we, the wasteland builders, are aware of the consequences I say let people build where they like. (within the already established rules, of course) There is no harm in it, so there is no need to stop it, nor punish it.

Now if people complain... well... we get a warning in the chat window every time we enter the wastes so. I say "tough luck" to anyone that would complain after a reset.

Edit: My res is on SMP6 ... /v +ps
  8. From Krysyy's previous reply I would assume "popular demand" is why it's been bumped up to 3 months.

From what I'm still finding in the wastes I suspect 4 to 6 months would be perfectly fine too.... And I've never ventured particularly far from spawn either. (200-400 blocks from spawn)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. If EMC recently updated to a more new Minecraft version, like 1.8, would the wastelands be reset shortly after the upgrade?
  10. It would have to otherwise we would never get the new stuff. Which probably means we're not going to see a 1.8 update for the next month or two at least... :(
  11. Bring it on! :)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  12. Yea super stoked about this. Its awesome getting into to areas. Love the idea for a 3 month reset.
  13. Woo! Reset should bring some people to sell to shops more!
  14. I agree 100%. It gives you a chance to start over with a new build. I think a lot of people fall into a rut. they spent weeks on a large elaborate base in the wild then just stay there until they get bored of it and quit. I know I'm in the minority, and I know it's been addressed, but I still believe the wilderness should be reset with every major update. Like going from 1.6 to 1.7, 1.8 etc. Since that will not happen, building in the wastes is the next best thing.
  15. Hi guys, I would like to discuss an extremely difficult issue today Krysyyjane9191 has announced that the wastelands will be refreshed every three months. Me, AussieZaid, Wizards2013 , Pixelgamer2 , Rubydooby456 and many more people have built are own rooms & structures in our base which we have spent weeks, oh I tell a lie months work on ! Days of our lives sat on the computer wasting away trying to build this up, and you're trying to delete it!!! It's like everyone getting an A plus in all their tests but then being ripped up by the teacher, we wouldn't be very happy, would we? Well this is how I feel and many others do too , including my best Minecraft friends, so if we all stick together and put on a sign outside of our residences spawn points that say Save the waste! We could be able to accomplish this mission, that's the only way that we can spread the word.
    So thanks for reading this and make sure YOU , YES YOU put a sign down . Because 100 signs are better than 99 , remember, we've only got til 4th March, So just SPREAD THE WORD!!

iCrazyEvestar, Yesterday at 3:54 PM
  16. Sorry that it came on twice, I copied it then pasted but I didn't come on so I re did it but it popped up twice the minute I put post
    BTW: I have a bad internet connection.
  17. Quartz is back in town!!
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  18. You are warned that the waste is not a permmenant place to build
    Gawadrolt and crystaldragon13 like this.
  19. Sorry that you might feel this way about your structures & work you have out there, but the Wastelands are being reset, there is no stopping it. The amount of complaints we would get if we didn't would far outweigh those we would get when we do. You are warned at multiple times the waste will get reset at points and that you shouldn't be building structures there due to that reason. Thankfully, you have been given many weeks warning so you have plenty of time to get your stuff out before it happens.
  20. Thanks RainbowChin, but no one ever told me we couldn't build permanent structures in the wild. I'm very chuffed that you replied to me though
    (Chuffed is Yorkshire slang for happy) please reply, it took me a long time to reply but I've got a poor internet connection
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.