Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced 2015!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will there be no more turkeys after the reset? Turkeys are served during Christmas as well.
  2. Sooo. The wastelands are resetting this evening, and according to many it's about time too because there's hardly anything to be found out there these days. But just how true is that? I've proven it a few times that many places are left overlooked; I even managed to dig up plenty of loot right next to an outpost.

Now, yesterday I decided to do something totally "useless" and I dug a tunnel from my temporary mining base (made it just 3 days ago) all the way back to the outpost. Its 3 blocks high, 2 blocks wide and way too long :D At the literal edge of the outpost me and Oldman dug straight up (like real troopers, we no care about lava! :mad:) and I placed stairs all the down to y10. Yups; waste of some perfectly good wood :)

My tunnel at the edge of /waste e, smp2. Before the reset.

So today I decided to go down there one more time, just to see how useless this tunnel actually was. I started mining, and I discovered plenty of interesting places which hadn't been touched before. Even places which were literally just one wall of gravel away from fully explored areas. Now, in all fairness: I am using voters gear (apart from my silk touch pick) so I can take things a little further than others. I can understand that not everyone would be interested in risking to waste their shovel over mining gravel.

Anyway, this is what I got out of mining in the waste on the last day before the reset:

The loot includes the double chest: I found 2 chests in an abandoned mineshaft

In case you're interested: the enchanted book has: Fire Protection III, Smite IV and Unbreaking III.

Now, I know what some of you might be thinking: this is nice and all but you're looking for diamonds. Not coal and iron and such (I can't believe how many people leave all that untouched). So today I decided to see just how much this stuff can be worth. I normally don't do this but I took my stuff to one of the malls on SMP2 and sold it off:

coal block: 16 / 228r => 5*228 = 1145r
    coal: 8 / 16r => 4*16 = 64r

lapis ore: 1/120r => 10*120 = 1200r
    redstone ore: 8/100r => 6*100 = 600r
    diamond ore: 1/300r => 5*300 = 1500r
    gold ore: 2/20r => 9*20 = 180r
    iron ore: 16/32r => 10*32 = 320r

Total earnings: 5009r. And I could have made even more if I had set up a shop on my own to sell all these. And just so we're clear: 5009r roughly means 45 - 50 diamonds.

So yeah... Don't get me wrong here: I am really looking out for the reset and I can't wait to mine in untouched areas again. But the waste isn't empty... Not by a long shot ;)
    just_five_fun and 607 like this.
  3. I agree ShelLuser, while portions close to some spawns are tore fairly badly, there are plenty of resources to be gathered. I doubt a significant portion of the entire Waste has been dug up yet. You may have to travel a bit further out from others have been, but I can usually find resources. I also keep coal, have to use something to smelt ores.
    ShelLuser and just_five_fun like this.
  4. I'd agree too, on the smp5 waste there was a mesa biome near the N.E. spawn that looked trashed, but about 1000 blocks past the biome was untouched. I can't speak for other areas/servers and I'm also pretty new to Empire. But if nothing else its a change, right?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. <whistles innocently>, I might have something to do with that :p Probably just a coincidence :D

About time to reboot that project.
  6. But new spawn areas and FNM and MNM...

Those events kinda depend on these resets due to how much space they need as well as close proximity to spawns.

Glad for the wastelands reset got to use the water from nether spawn to my advantage :p
  7. Well, apparently the staff went all out to keep us folks on SMP2 pleased (lol).

A bit more serious: I'm very happy right now. Of course with the new reset and all the options to mine anew once more, but I'm also happy that one of the public SMP2 places could remain this time. If you need to refill any lava buckets quick then /wnether w on SMP2 has you covered.

It's a cobble platform (so no risk for ghast fireballs setting it ablaze), has several pillars around the platform to protect you from most common attacks (it's not perfect, I'm going to work on a design sometime for better protection from above) and has its stairs extended from the outpost.

/wnether w, just keep walking straight (that part is new) and a-scooping you can go :)

Edit:

And the server also has you covered in case you're holding out for a Mesa :D
    607 likes this.
  8. ... It's clearly a shame that I live in France, we were sleeping whilst the wastelands were resetting! :(
  9. Well, it's not as if it has all been mined out already. In fact; joining a little later has its advantages too. Take for instance the livemaps which already give you a very good idea about the kind of available terrains. Others have done some of exploration now it's time for us to swoop in and nab our prices :D
    CEO_of_SSITIS likes this.
  10. As you command master! :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. Yes, well, still, there is are a lot of mines that have already been explored (also, think about how BIG and connected the mines are!). But, you're right!
  12. It seems I've forgotten how much fun mining was :rolleyes:

I did a quick thirty minute trip out to the new wastelands and got quite a catch!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I found a weird protected area in the SMP2 wastelands; its south - south-west of the southern outpost:

I assume this to be a leftover from that pumpkin explosion a few weeks back but I'm not sure. Looked around the area already but didn't find anything specific.
    607 likes this.
  14. Thanks for the coords. I'll remove when I get home. i'm derping all the time =)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. new wasteland hype :D
    i going quartz hunting
    Kyzoy likes this.
  16. I haven't been in town for a while now, already raided two Ocean temples. Gotta get supporter! Feels weird not talking to everyone :D
  17. Should be removed now =)
  18. thats cool man
  19. lol, who are you referring to?:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.