Wastelands Reset and Tentative Schedule Announced 2015!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was part of the team that dug the majority of smp1's "giant crater". I can confirm, it will return. Not sure which outpost yet, but it will happen, and we will probably make it much bigger. 130 block radius is much smaller than our next goal!
  2. you are aware that 130 block radius is 260 blocks across right? we have been working on it for... well a while now :D. even with ten people you are talking about a week minimum. and better have some active players that are willing to put their nose to the grind.

Did the math: 3,343,158 blocks to mine ;). With ten people that is 50,000 blocks or 14 and a half dcs every day for a week. I suppose thats doable with ten people in a weeks time... just need the concentration.
  3. Yeap, completely aware of the math. But sometimes, we go all crazy digging and stuff. Digging and collecting is kind of a relaxation for Lady and I. To be honest, we've talked about mining everything between two outposts before. It could be fun!
    607 likes this.
  4. Sir and lady lonestars I would love to help out with that goal if you would let me :D
    I'm sure it's been done before my time, but I think it would be fun to dig everything out around the outpost spawn, down to the bedrock.
    607 likes this.
  5. Um, I don't now if players would really appreciate not being able to leave spawn without falling to their deaths... :p
  6. yaya reeeeset!
    just_five_fun likes this.
  7. If you've been out to the outpost we are talking about, you've seen the stairs we built to prevent exactly that. Now if people would just start repairing creeper holes...

Kytula, you are always more than welcome to join us!
    Kytula, Gawadrolt and battmeghs like this.
  8. I think I repaired most of the creeper holes I made. it's quite hard to kill creepers without them blowing up, though!
  9. cant wait for the reset just think ab2out all of thos eunexpolered caves
    WE3NUB and just_five_fun like this.
  10. I'm ready! :D
  11. Well I just went there.... died....now I'm on a boat in the ocean. New Player and wondering how to get back home. :(
  12. I apologize, you might have missed our message. Our wastelands reset had some minor technical difficulties that the Lead Developer is working to fix. We should have things working within the next hour.
    Coach_Craig and 607 like this.
  13. If all else fails, head to 0,0 and there will be a protected spawn there.

Edit: ninja'd. Did the reset not teleport everyone back to town?
    Coach_Craig likes this.
  14. nope and there are no outposts XD
    607 likes this.
  15. Wastelands reset complete. Have fun exploring and please report MAJOR issues to the staff team.
  16. Shoot. I thought this reset the nether as well.
  17. It reset the Wastelands Wild and Wastelands Nether
  18. Ahhh. Wrong Nether. Thanks!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. I would be VERY unhappy if it was the other nether that got reset :p as I'm sure a lot of people would lol.
    cadgamer101 and FDNY21 like this.
  20. I'm pretty wasted at the time of writing (how fitting :D) having actually lost sleep and one beacon over this wastelands reset. I just want to take the opportunity to thank you guys (staff) for all your hard work in this.

And if you (anonymous reader) now wonder what I'm ranting about: it's not as if they had to do this. Even though many people protested against the reset (I feel soo evil right now :p) the staff still stayed firm and put a lot of manual effort into making this all work. But even so: just last week I hauled a lot of stacks of Nether Quartz out of an already mined out netherworld. Just saying...

So yeah, I'd like to thank the staff for all their effort into this! I already scoped some of the wasteland out and I am already sure it's going to be awesome to mine here tomorrow!

As such: a warm, well meant, thanks staff for all the hard work!
    iNachos10 and ScrObot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.