[Update] Misc bug fixes and dev update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Me like!!!
    Nickblockmaster and FadedMartian like this.
  2. This is with the 1.13/1.14 update. Since that update caused the issue necessitating this change.

To everyone, in general. Feel free to start asking questions about how EMC will handle ____ feature in the update. It might bring up questions I have not think to fix. Also encourages transparency on my end.
  3. Sorta weird question, what would happen if one of those upward water pillars is under a sub zone with move turned off? seems like you could get stuck being kicked for flying repeatedly
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  4. Fly kicks don't happen under water (since swimming is a thing). It ought to just try and kick you back to a previous location, eventually kicking you off of the residence
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  5. May i ask how water conversion will work?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  6. Im not sure if this counts but, will global chat or empires come out the same day at 1.14? or will it be a bit after?
  7. Could you elaborate on this question? I don't understand.

Global chat will be released at the same time. It is ready to go.
    Empires will also come with it. It is not finished yet though. It will be in an unfinished state at the time of release. (Only the basic parts). Then small follow-up updated can fill out the features of empires.
  8. May i ask which basic parts will be released with 1.14?
  9. The creation/disbanding of empires.
    Roles management within the empire.
    The tag in chat/tab.
    That empire only cross server chat.
    Residence permissions for an empire.
    Bank aspects.

This is all I can think of right now. There are still a could of things to finish before we do the 1.14 update. But I am confident I will get those worked out before then.
  10. So in my claim area, no one can build/break/etc. anything unless I give them flags?
  11. No. Outposts will not be released in this update
  12. So there are different permissions for empire?
  13. An empire is just a group of EMC players. So permissions would be that you can give that group of people permission on your /home.
  14. Maybe this is still far away, but do we know if we will have the ability to prevent unauthorized people from placing blocks/water/lava/etc. within your empire. Or not being able to break anything as well.
    Nickblockmaster and FadedMartian like this.
  15. Empire != Outposts.
    Your empire will be the structure that owns the claimed land/outposts.
    To answer your question, outposts (when released) will have the ability to block those things
  16. Thanks for all the hard work chickeneer. :)
  17. is there a max amount of players that can be in an empire?
  18. That's very amazing! Can't wait. Thanks for the answer. :)
  19. I am excited to see 1.14 soon :)
  20. Sorry i didnt go into much detail there

For oceans/water in the wild right now it is the 1.12.2 with sand and gravel. In a previous post you said that you are going to do chunk conversion. Will that effect anything?

For town will water thats allready placed will that just get the new micanics when its picked up and placed again?

I hope that made sence ish lol