[Update] Misc bug fixes and dev update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Is there any way that a person can turn it off?
    ThaKloned likes this.
  2. In /ps there you can set "event mob spawns" to off
    ThaKloned likes this.
  3. But the more Blizz spawns the more we have to kill... Lets kill the Blizz !!!!!!!!
    KatydidBuild and weeh like this.
  4. And the less of other things spawning. 😋 It's March 1st...
    TheFryedmans and FadedMartian like this.
  5. 1 post for every day of the year
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. And another one for 1 every day of a leap year
  7. Didn't want to push out changes while 1.15 was so close. They'll be turned off with 1.15 =P
  8. I'm fairly certain that your message was posted on March 2nd, even in where you're generally at... :rolleyes:
    607 and AmusedStew like this.
  9. I've been on parental leave since December. I'm lucky I got the month right 🤣 Most times I forget what day of the week it is.
  10. I wonder if chickeneer had such a long lifetime in mind for this thread, or if it just happened and he ran with it. It is a sensible place for further updates and discussion though, I think. :) Until the update is released, of course, at that point a new thread should be made. :p
    luckycordel and FadedMartian like this.
  11. Yea so a constant update thread so if a update comes out for mc we can see some of the progress from the devs cause the tracker is hard to see how much is left and whats not public
    luckycordel likes this.
  12. No I did not.
    Definitely a new post will be made at some point. Haven't felt like a big announcement has been warranted. This transformed into the... Follow this thread to get sporadic updates.

As mentioned yesterday. I am not aware of any 1.15 specific issues that would stop us from updating. Lots of QoL improvements I am trying to squeeze in still. I am not 100% satisfied with the state of Empires (NOT OUTPOSTS), that could be pulled from the update. Depends on how my week goes.

Also. As mentioned. No release date has been picked. I will update everyone when one is selected. But based on my personal schedule. It will not be before March 13th. And not too fond of a Friday the Thirteenth release. So better bump that minimum date to the 14th.
    TuckerAmbr, khixan, Varua and 10 others like this.
  13. And on a note from aikar on timing, since he won't post himself. His family is going through some really rough times at the moment and that's why he's been nearly silent recently. We are working with chicken to establish a time that this update can happen. It will require both chicken and aikar to have off/ take off work and for the server to be down during the process. We will let you know as soon as we settle on a date. In the meantime, chicken is still working on ironing out some changes. We're close everyone!
    khixan, 607, HazardousCode and 7 others like this.
  14. Heartfelt wishes of restful sleep and downtime for you and your family.
    The only thing that parents really want some days is some sleep ;) Knowing what day of the week it is, that's just icing on the cake.
    khixan, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  15. We were lucky we didn't have more then a couple rough nights. 😀
    khixan, 607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  16. I like having the chests spawn for me, I love the gifts! They can keep coming - free diamonds :love: :<3:

However, they usually spawn near the highest block where ever they appear, so the tops of trees is common. I have seen them spawn all over, never inside of caves or inside buildings. If they are appearing inside of mob farms... why aren't they appearing on the roofs instead. That does seem more than a little odd to me.
    607, HazardousCode and Silken_thread like this.
  17. I have 3 I think on top of my witch farm :D Don't think I've ever had one inside.
    607 likes this.
  18. Its close. I can feel it.

19. ~~~~~

Side note question:

Are future updates going to take as long as 1.13/1.14 has taken? I know 1.16 is right around the corner (I mean if you look at the timeline of past updates and screenshot releases we might see full 1.16 by or around summer 2020). I am not going to pretend I understand any of the technical reasons for updating being so difficult- just wondering if future updates will be as tough as these ones have been. Thanks :).
    607 and HazardousCode like this.
  20. No. The main issue with the 1.13 update was world conversion issues. Not to mention, the server instability that also took place. I am not aware of anything in 1.16 that would cause a major delay/instability.
    khixan, 607, Krysyy and 6 others like this.