[Update] Misc bug fixes and dev update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I purposely posed this here because it is about the upgrade and the LACK of improvement to some of the things that should be updated because they do not work very well or efficiently.
    My suggestions have been posted before in other threads but if this up grade is going to be 1.14 and minecraft already jumped to 1.15 it puts a heavy burden on the developers to catch up in such a short time. NOT FAIR :confused:
  2. Maybe a trident with some enchantments you can't put on it in survival?
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. Sorry if this was asked already. I couldn't find it.
    Will villager eggs from 1.12 spawn the 1.15 villagers after the update?
  4. Yes.
    khixan and luckycordel like this.
  5. chickeneer already addressed the issue of updating from 1.14 to 1.15 - so I will not be repeating that

You are suggesting Minecraft ideas that are inherent to Mojang Minecraft because they would change the way that the game functions in survival. Empire can't change those things without changing the game... that's why it was said that those suggestions belong on another thread. EMC doesn't change the game (from it's core as multiplayer), they add to it.

Hope this helps with the why of the comments.
    607 likes this.
  6. Any news on changing the entity cramming being turned off?
    I ask because the wiki indicates that this was done for the update to 1.12 (I presume) and that is long since past. If there is another reason to keep that function off, I would love to hear that there is an issue. Otherwise, can it be put on the table as a change back to normal?

thanks.
  7. Shhhhhh, don't remind them
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. Entity cramming causes lag. So we'll have to evaluate.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  9. I sure hope tnt gets reevaluated
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  10. Weren’t there some tnt optimisations in 1.15, iirc?
  11. Yes
  12. Most notable changes are:

Wish tnt could be fired from dispensers on EMC though. This EMC only change really effects lots of things being automated post-update.
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  13. We will update from 1.12 to 1.15. :)
    MoreMoople and jacob5089 like this.
  14. 1, ..., 2, ..., ..., ..., 5!
    (skipping one more number than Gabe Newell:p)
  15. Do we have an ETA?
  16. Short answer. No.

Longer answer. Yes.

Edit: For the most part. I believe the code is ready. We don't have a date coordinated for the update yet though. Both Aikar and myself need to be available for a long period of time. Will inform everyone when we have that date picked.
    607, __Devil_, xGGirlx and 15 others like this.
  17. Alright thank you so much!
  18. Keen as
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. I keep getting these Holiday chests appear at my base in the wild, does anyone else have this issue. I call it an issue as they can appear inside mob farms that i have built.
    khixan, FadedMartian and weeh like this.
  20. Christmas mob spawns are still turned on and with that brings those chests.
    luckycordel, FadedMartian and weeh like this.