[Update] Misc bug fixes and dev update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Wishing the best for Aikar and his family!

And, honestly, I do feel a little excitement for the update now. :D Who knows, maybe I'll start playing again. ;) Last time I did, there wasn't Community chat yet, which could make it a lot more enjoyable!
    khixan and MoreMoople like this.
  2. Are the crafting bugs going to be fixed with this update?
    for instance, fireworks wont show up as a craftable item, even when items are in the crafting squares?

and will the chat playername autofill (using tab) also be repaired for the update?
    it usually shows up when there is capital letters or underscores _
    HazardousCode and luckycordel like this.
  3. I don't know what bugs you are referring to. I do not recall anyone ever reporting those
  4. Fingers crossed for a successful update :p
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  5. I noticed that vanilla heads (wither, zombie, creeper, etc.) now have a yellow name. Will this carry over to current mob & player heads?
  6. When crafting fireworks at the moment, the gui does not show a firework as something that can be crafted. You also cannot search for its recipe. If you put gunpowder and paper into the crafting area, fireworks do show in the output, but that is the only place you can see them.

When you type part of a player's name into chat and there is supposed to be a capital letter, hitting tab will not autofill those names. Same if they were supposed to have an underscore in front of it.
    At least, that seems to be the issue when I am using it.

Follow up question:
    Do the new crafting blocks (stone cutter, smithing table, grindstone, barrel) already have individual res perms for the update?
    What about the new animals?
    Will ocelot and cat be separate ones? ... dog and wolf?
    khixan likes this.
  7. Yes. It is client side. Not server controlled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yes-ish.
    Barrels are covered by the container:chest flag.
    Blast furnaces and smokers are under the container:furnace flag.
    Stone cutter/Smithing Table/Grindstone will work like workbenches. no permission required to use. (They are not containers)

What about them? Check the MC wiki?
    I don't understand your questions... Are they questions?
    khixan, KatydidBuild and ThaKloned like this.
  8. Will the new animals have res perms added, or will they be covered under other animal flags?

Will ocelot and cats have separate perms? will dog and wolf?
    Wondering how the taming of them will work with regards to res perms. Guessing the plan is that they will work like horses, but i thought that i would ask.
  9. Should all be split out as expected. Ocelots/Cats are separate entities now. Dogs/Wolves are the same.
    They could be tamed before this update already. So not that much is changing with animals.
  10. Thought you may want to know, this is from Mojang.:D They don't consider it a bug.:rolleyes:

Recipes which have nbt data in the resulting item(s) will not show in the recipe book, this includes:
    applying pattern to shield
    banner patterns
    coloring shulker boxes
    copying book, map, banner
    fireworks
    repairing tools
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  11. I had reported that repeatedly to Saz in the past. She said she was working on a fix. Would you like me to add you to those conversations?
  12. Yes, do this. Also, please message all devs for Dev related items in the future. That way it gets added to the appropriate trackers, etc as needed instead of going on one Dev only.
    khixan likes this.
  13. First I have heard of that... It explains a bit of the confusion. Thanks for that.

And now this is an interesting kettle of fish. Something that doesn't quite work, but isn't considered a bug :p #BlameMojang
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  14. Took time tonight to compile a list of changes for our upcoming update. This will be included with the new thread when the update comes. A lot of the information has been mentioned in this thread already, but it will be all in one place for future reference. Naturally, I focused on EMC changes. Any changes specific to vanilla Minecraft I avoided talking about.

Still finalizing a release date. None announced yet, again dependent on my/Aikar's availability. We have one picked out, but countless things could happen between now and then. Be mindful that there will be a notable amount of server down time at the time of the update - so do not plan on there being any sort of update event. We will be focused on resolving update problems...
  15. one of the conversations in Empire help & Support
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/tab-shortcut-not-working-for-pms.81137/

The discussion has been around for quite a while, even have had mods comment on it. Don't remember where, but i thought there was one issue with playernames listed on the tracker at one point. I thought this issue was the same as that. :confused:
    HazardousCode likes this.
  16. Can you try to include any technical changes as well? Spigot prevents certain aspects of the game and I believe EMC does as well so if that was compiled into the list as well it would be much appreciated
  17. I tried to include EMC specific things. I have no way of knowing what changes Spigot changed things from vanilla
  18. So... uh... any sick horse and llama changes to know about? Lol...
  19. Yeah.. /kill horse&llama #EndTheMadness
  20. None that I am aware of