Tiger's Text Bookstore

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Kephras, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Hope you get back on EMC soon and have new material up and going soon :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Just bought and read the 3rd Strike it was amazing! I'm gonna read Nucleus now.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Update for the curious:
    Tuesday the last piece of my new rig (the motherboard) arrived.
    To keep the cost down, I only bought parts I considered "critical" to a new machine. The rest of the parts, I'd planned to cannibalize from my previous dying PC. This included the graphics card, multi-media reader, secondary hard-drive (which to my knowledge is still perfectly functional)... and the DVD drive.
    The DVD drive, from a machine built in 2007, when 32-pin serial cables were still being phased out.

...You get the idea. The motherboard, as it turns out, does not support 32-pin serial.
    Thus, no DVD drive.
    No way to install from CD-R.
    No way to install my operating system. (WinXP->Win7 upgrade)

So as of right now, I have a machine which is in most ways a pretty respectible, if not top-of-the-line PC, with no way to install the OS and bring it online. And meanwhile, my old PC is now an empty husk. Which leaves me with nothing but my little Acer netbook (also circa 2007, though I love it dearly).

A new DVD drive is on order, and hopefully should arrive tomorrow.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Damn, I'm recently setting up my new rig as well. Hope to see you round.

Also, have you tried installing from a thumbdrive?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. After much trial and tribulation, and something which vaguely resembled a SATA-based version of dialysis, the Monolith is operational.
    Sorta.

Being a fresh install, it's all very bare-bones at the moment and I suspect I'll be spending all of Friday night into Saturday installing software and drivers. As of right now, it's refusing to even acknowledge my Netgear USB (or rather, that there are indeed networks it can connect to). But fear not, I have overcome these hurdles before. I shall be minecraft-capable again soon.

I suspect my first order of business is to restock some books... regrettably, my hiatus has not lent itself any decent story material, so nothing new to be published yet.
  6. I salute you for your books!
    Equinox_Boss, jknrlz and Palmsugar like this.
  7. I will read all of them :D. I think in 1.7 you can copy books if that makes life easier
    Equinox_Boss and jknrlz like this.
  8. Finally downgraded to 1.6.2
    Books on 16087 have been restocked, and I have a place set for when "Endless Pearl" is published as well.
    Books on 104 will be restocked later this week.

It's true I am departing, but I will ensure my literature is available to anyone who wants it for as long as I am able.
    Equinox_Boss, cddm95ace and Olaf_C like this.
  9. *tear wells in eye* *reaches out to stop Keph from leaving, shakes head slowly, gently and says* "No go"
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Oh excellent. I made a rush on the bookstore as soon as I heard but my alt ran out of rupees pretty quickly. Your legacy will survive through your writing Kehpras.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. endless pearl is out of stock but i think i bought all the rest of them!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Long, long overdue:
    I have finally completed The Endless Pearl for that contest I ran months back. With apologies to corruptedsmile for the long delay, both life and my muse were thoroughly uncooperative.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled silence.
  13. I plan on going to get the third strike!

EDIT: Just another question, but was 100,000 meters actually recovered from the bottom of the sea?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Yes it was.
    The original, recovered copy is on display in an item frame elsewhere in my home.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. I've decided to discontinue "Creating Reaper." Once the current stock is sold, I will replace it with something else. Between the bad formatting (caused by a texture-pack font change) and generally poor writing, it's never been one I'm particularly happy with.

In other news:
    • 16087 will undergo a renovation. Timetable is still out on this one, I need to figure out how I'm going to expand the bookstore without damaging any current structures (such as the vault-door circuits or underground cane farm). Visitors may not see it, but my res is a total mess under the surface.
      • I've also considered replacing the light switches with a much simpler daylight sensor. The "pistonless" toggle-switches are some of my favorite redstone circuits, but the sheer number of them causes a significant amount of lag on my residence.
    • Written books will now stack to 16, which means a "full stock" has gone from a mere 27 books to 432. I don't believe I will ever sell 432 copies of the same book, but it does mean my need for ink has increased - as such, I've raised the "buy" price behind Hopbert's desk to 16r/ink sac. Any spare ink you have, I invite you to sell it off there.
    • This Wednesday, I will have been on the Empire a full two years. I have nothing planned for this date, but I thought I'd make the announcement. Perhaps I'll host an event later on.
  16. You could always sell copies, much easier to mass-produce.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. I've always sold copies, with an original "master" in safekeeping for restocking purposes. Before 1.7, the "Bookz" mod made this super-easy, and I still prefer it to the book cloning that 1.7 introduced.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Wait Kephras are you back playing EMC now? :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Apparently so. :confused:
  20. The bookstore at 16087 has been expanded! The new addition adds an entire second floor, more than doubling the available chest space.
    A new title has also been added - Seffychan's collection of short stories, "Disturbing Tales." Special thanks to Seffy for her help getting the second floor set up and for letting me add her book to it :)