Tiger's Text Bookstore

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Kephras, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Me and bunker will definitely be there to celebrate with you :)
    Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  2. Can we write books?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Of course! Anyone can. Currently the only books I sell in my shop are those I've written myself, but I've read a couple others out there that are definitely worth publishing, if they were ever so inclined. Ask Seffychan about her "Disturbing Tales" for a good example :)
    Equinox_Boss and Palmsugar like this.
  4. I realize most everyone who's reading my work is probably waiting on Nucleus Pt 4 (and it will be coming, I assure you), but inspiration struck me late this evening after pondering a suggestion from Kells (Baby_Cookies). My next book, "Trial & Error," will once again be Minecraft-based, and this time in the vein of a romance tale. Ish.

I don't have much faith in my ability to write a believable love-story, but assuming I don't completely hate how this turns out it should see print sometime this weekend.

Also I've been considering two different offers for a Bookstore location on SMP1, so if for some reason paying me a visit at home on SMP8 isn't your cup of tea, there's a good possibility of a Tiger's Text opening up on SMP1 as well.
    ... I'm gonna need more ink... :confused:
    Equinox_Boss and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. Sounds exciting! I thought Nucleus was already a love story though :D
    Looking forward to reading the new books! Next time I see you, you'll get some ink sacs to compensate for me not being able to make it to your party. :(
  6. So... you missed my party (where I give away free stuff), and to "compensate" you're giving me free stuff? That seems backwards. :D
    But I am forever in need of ink and quill, and will gladly pay for either.
    Also I'm not really sure what Nucleus is, but I wouldn't classify it as romance. :confused:

Three new books will be coming before the end of the month:
    • Nucleus, Pt 4 - "Kinesis"
      • Things get dangerous for Lucas when he goes digging for answers.
    • Trial & Error
      • Fate tests us all - sometimes, it uses trick questions.
    • Treasure Hunter's Tales
      • A collection of stories from the wilds of EMC.
    All three are in the works, but due to IRL events, they may take some time to publish. And as my book collection grows, I'm looking into ways of expanding and renovating my store, to allow for more space. Much as I like the cozy setup now, I'm starting to run low on chests.
  7. Just an update: I'd hoped to have these new books out by the end of the week (today), but owing to the recent heat-wave I haven't been able to do much writing at night as I usually do.
    That being said, I finally got back to work on Nucleus Pt 4 last night. By my estimate it's about half-done. I'd hoped perhaps I could wrap the story up in four books, but after my latest writing session it's pretty clear that won't happen.

So... my apologies for the delays, and for everyone who's been asking me about new reading material. The good news is, things have cooled off a bit and I can resume my work :)
  8. Great news! As of today, I have officially opened a new store branch on SMP1!
    OP has been updated accordingly - you can now find my books on the third floor of 104, Lunarios Tower, northwest corner. Teleport pads are in the rear of the main hall.
    2013-07-21_14.36.06.png
    2013-07-21_14.36.24.png

Huge thanks to Eclipsys for letting me set up shop :D
  9. Res #104
  10. Nucleus Part 4 has been finished and will see print later this afternoon, once I get it imported and properly typeset. :)
    My apologies to everyone who's been waiting on this one!

To mark the opening of my SMP1 shop and the release of Part 4, I will be putting all four Nucleus books on sale until Friday. If you haven't picked up on this series yet, there's no better time to do it - this is some of my best writing and well worth your time!
    Prices will be adjusted once Part 4 is printed and stocked.
  11. OP has been updated - books are stocked and on sale until this Friday :D
  12. Just a reminder, after Friday the Nucleus books will return to their usual price. If you haven't checked the series out yet, this is your best opportunity to do so!
  13. Two bits of news:

Due to the 1.6.2 update, I can no longer copy books, until the Bookz Mod is likewise updated.
    This means that while I retain master copies of each book, the ones for sale are currently all I have available until the mod can be updated.

Nucleus is back to its original price.
    'tis officially Saturday, EST, and all shop signs have been adjusted accordingly. Fear not though, if you missed out, I'll likely put them on sale again once Part 5 is published.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Bookz updated to 1.6.2 and verified functional. I am back in business! ;)
    ...Perhaps I should work on a Horse Compendium guidebook...?
    Equinox_Boss and supereskimo like this.
  15. Im wondering if it'd be possible to write more stories like "The Longest Night", very short story but a good read.
    Just a suggestion :D
    Equinox_Boss, Kephras and Palmsugar like this.
  16. New book, "Lamar's Wedding" now on sale in the SMP8 bookstore! It's been stocked on SMP1 as well, but I can't edit the signs to make it available yet.
    I've been meaning to write this one up for a while, just never got around to it until today. Enjoy!
  17. Kind of like your PyroTechnic Manual, maybe do one for horses, with breeds, speeds, etc.
  18. I plan on it, but I need to learn more about horses in order to make an effective Compendium on them :)
    Equinox_Boss and PenguinDJ like this.
  19. Updated OP: "Treasure Hunter's Tales" is now available.
    With the treasure hunt itself over, the volume has been priced appropriately, though anyone who still wishes to sell back their books can do so - just notify me. Personally though, I'd prefer you just kept them to enjoy ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. Due to hardware issues, I will be unable to log into EMC for a while. I restocked my books on SMP8 recently (and SMP1 hasn't been in danger of going out of stock since I opened the place :rolleyes:), so hopefully supply won't be an issue.
    However, that does mean I can't restock anything if it does run out, and regrettably there won't be any new books for a while.

My apologies to anyone awaiting new material. :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.