Tiger's Text Bookstore

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Kephras, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Did not know about the smp1 location. I got kinda tired of riding my nether rail every time I wanted to come to town. .-.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. If i remember right, you can clone 8 copies at a time by surrounding the master with them (that might have been taken out before the actual update but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. It works, it's just slow and tedious.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Put the original and the 8 book and quills on your hotbar. Mouse over a crafting slot in the bench and press the corresponding hotbar number. It will pull the item off your hotbar into the bench. With a clock a dropper, a hopper, and a chest mixed with some clever dirt placement you can craft fairly quickly. I could probably make 500 copies in a few minutes if its done correctly.
    Ps. Here is a video for reference of a large scale version of this using iron. I could probably mock up something smaller for book making use this weekend if you'd like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlyF9MgA5Us
    Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  5. Still not quite as convenient as Bookz but much better than clicking / moving every Book & Quill to the crafting space. My fingers thank you :) If you get something super-convenient for printing, I'd certainly be interested.

In other news, the Pyrotechnic's Compendium has been updated to a second edition. I've reformatted it for readability, and the recipes have all been rewritten to make them much easier to deciper.

█ - Charge Color
    ▒ - Fade Color
    Shapes:
    ▪ - Default
    ■ - Large Ball
    ╒ - Feather
    ∞ - Gold Nugget
    ☻ - Head
    Effects:
    - Diamond
    - Glowstone

D. Tigerstar
    1. ■+☼
    2. ■+☼
    3. ▪+♦☼
    4. ╒+♦☼
    Time as desired

Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Are we able to sell back edition one to update or should we just buy the 2nd edition outright? (I don't really mind doing that)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. If you want to "trade in" the old copy, that's fine - just mail me the old version and I'll mail back the new one.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Bought every book but 2 :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I am currently seeking a Gold Supporter Voucher.

For as many compliments as I've gotten on my res, I hear two things on an all-too-frequent basis:
    • "This place is a maze / I keep getting lost!"
    • "I'm kinda lagging here."
    This is a poor situation for any shop or business, and I'll be the first to admit Tiger's Text was basically crammed into its current space as an afterthought. Due to the sheer amount of materials involved, as well as a few too many keepsakes, I can't simply reset my current residence and restructure it. Thus, my intent is to claim a new residence and construct a proper facility:
    2014-03-10_23.26.30.png
    (Work-in-progress Creative build)

The new building will be a dedicated bookstore and printing location. My hope is that this suggestion is implemented soon in some form, making it easier for other authors interested in having their work sold here. :)
  10. Please please please build some printing presses in there. :3 I love the way they look.
    And I like how you replicated EMC roads :p
    Equinox_Boss, Kephras and hashhog3000 like this.
  11. look forward to the inevitable franchise of Tiger Store locations.
  12. To discourage the use of my books as "villager fodder," prices on some of the smaller books will be increasing slightly. I do apologize, as my main goal is simply to have my books read, but I will not be able to maintain stock for long if this keeps up. :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Work continues on the Creative build. I've gone through a few revisions now, though the theme of Sandstone / Coal Block / Black Clay & Glass has stayed consistent. With the "Message" sign feature, I've rethought the way books are displayed too - with a bit of help from Luckygreenbird, I was able to come up with a new setup for book sales.
    2014-03-18_21.07.25.png 2014-03-18_21.08.25.png

Players will be able to view the title of the book from the item frame, preview an excerpt from it with the button, and purchase from the sign on the chest itself.

I also owe Importerer more thanks for devising a semi-automated "printing press" which will speed up the production of new book copies immensely.
  14. My question is.. why is the Tiger Book Club not a thing yet? with Empire Mail.. you could charge for a membership for the 'Book of the Month'... just an idea :D
  15. I have a healthy variety of books available, but I don't write frequently enough to make the idea viable in the long-term.
    Not ruling it out, just saying it's not a priority right now.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. When Publishing companies CAN be a thing (looking at Aikar) it would be more viable... but until then I understand what you are saying. Shoot... The Tiger Press... using the mail system to bring a newspaper like book... but.. still a pain the keester to produce in mass quantities.. all the time.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Having the change logs and updates put in a book and mass mailed to everyone sounds like an awesome idea
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Barring any massive oversights in interior space and design, I think I'm keeping this version...
    2014-03-19_13.38.13.jpg
    Going to need a hell of a lot more coal blocks and glowstone though. :confused:
  19. Hey I've got glowstone for you, how much would you need?
  20. How many is a hell of a lot? :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.