Tiger's Text Bookstore

Discussion in 'Business Listings' started by Kephras, Jul 7, 2013.

1. So happy that I saw this in the recent threads. Why do so many threads that you started watching over 6 months ago forget that you're watching them?
    Equinox_Boss and QuarterStop like this.
  2. you probably missed a post somewhere, check the other pages for the new icon
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I've overestimated "a hell of a lot" it seems, I'm thinking probably no more than 9 stacks, likely somewhere in the vicinity of 7, and you've already helped me out quite a bit with that. Current stockpile is just over 4.5 stacks, so I'm halfway there anyway. Coal isn't too hard to find in the wild, I just need to get out there and harvest it.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. A little bit of fortune will speed it up immensely :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I've always told myself to only use my orebusters on diamonds and nether quartz, but this is a worthy cause. If you wanna borrow one of mine for that coal, I'd be happy to help. ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I have an orebuster of my own, but a Fortune III is plenty good enough for coal. Thank you anyway though :)
    ...though I have to wonder how many people would cry if I did take an orebuster to coal ores...
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Importerer like this.
  7. Probably helps some of the people hording them sleep. Like counting sheep.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. im sure samsimx would be willing to "make a video" of mining some coal ore with one XD
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Kephras like this.
  9. I would say many people are going to be happy. Of course they need to be used, that way the value will only go up. And there's not really anything wrong with that I assume.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I think you ought to take an orebuster to iron ore.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Nah, gold all the way! :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. But to get back on topic, I love the pics your new design! Dat printing press makes me curious tho. :p
    Equinox_Boss, Importerer and Kephras like this.
  13. I will leave it up to Kephras on whether the press design is shared. You have my full permission to sell or share the design keph. :)
    Equinox_Boss and hashhog3000 like this.
  14. You built it, sir. :) Sell it or share it as you please, but I have no compunctions about either choice.
  15. Construction has begun on the new site (17430). Much as I love the look of Diorite, I'm not waiting for 1.8 to roll out before building - smooth stone will suffice for now, until I can replace it.
    Sadly, the Creative build itself is giving me some headaches - while the front half of the store is complete, I simply don't know how to finish the rear. Hopefully some ideas will present themselves while I work on the half that [is] done and ready to be built.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  16. 2014-03-30_19.35.59.png
    Still have a long way to go before the place is complete, but the front half is almost done.:cool:
    I owe thanks to a lot of people who've helped me out with this build, and they'll be getting a special Founder's Hall in the store when it's completed. My gratitude to you all. ^_^
    Equinox_Boss, bloodra1n, 607 and 5 others like this.
  17. Books and those who write them always deserve support. :)
    Equinox_Boss, Kephras, 607 and 2 others like this.
  18. Well, after a few more hours in creative and much head-scratching, I've finally managed to complete the rear half of the bookstore. Interior layout still needs to be fiddled with, but the thing is well on its way to completion.
    2014-03-31_23.34.13.png
    Now for the bad news: I've run dry on glowstone and will need to harvest more before I can resume work on it in SMP. Coal-block stockpile is questionable, but that's easily remedied with a quick mining trip if I run out (coal being everywhere). Bookshelves are another matter, however...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. How many bookshelves do you need? I have plenty. :cool:
    Equinox_Boss and Kephras like this.
  20. Until I get the internal layout completed, I have no way of knowing for sure. Dismantling the current bookstore within my (first) res is another possibility, particularly as the second level is almost unused and it'll be rendered obsolete soon.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.