[Thread of threads to be thread] is Eternal. It will never die.

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Uber_Corq, Aug 17, 2016.

?

How good is this thread?

Best 53 vote(s) 39.3%
Better 13 vote(s) 9.6%
Good 10 vote(s) 7.4%
Okay 7 vote(s) 5.2%
Bad 4 vote(s) 3.0%
Worse 4 vote(s) 3.0%
Worst 17 vote(s) 12.6%
It is the best of threads, it is the worst of threads 27 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. It is very warm today.
    Uber_Corq, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  2. Oh man, you're telling me? It's predicted to be 103ÂşF for my city todayđź’¦

Lower temps are predicted for next week, but we still have the weekend to get through... ._.
    Uber_Corq and 607 like this.
  3. Yup! I am so grateful for having a basement under our basement (I couldn't easily find the proper term for that on Wikipedia, but it's basically the -2nd floor). <3 It is bigger than a living room too, the only downside is there's not much light. :p There are some strong lamps but I'm not supposed to use them because they suck up a lot of power. And it's quite cold here now, because the heating hasn't been on in a while, but I can of course adapt my clothing for that. ;)
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  4. I'm jealous! :p I'm sweating here while I'm literally just sitting in my room with my window open and a fan on... :p
    Uber_Corq and Egeau like this.
  5. If you're smart about it: open the window early in the morning, when it's still a bit colder, and do what you've been doing all day. When it's roughly 11AM, make the window be a bit more closed, and close the door that I assume has a through-way to an open window on the other side of the house, making the air no longer flow through your room. At the peak heat of the day, it was 31 degrees where we are, but 27 in my room. :p
    I know you can do the exact same thing because "rijtjeshuizen" ("terraced homes," Tom and I live in compleatly identical but physically different houses) :p
    Uber_Corq and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. Ah, thanks for the tips! :D There is one issue with it though, and that is that it requires waking up early, which is hard. :p I'll try soon though... :rolleyes:
    Uber_Corq and Egeau like this.
  7. I've been spending too much time on Discord and now I have a habit of typing my emotes with escape characters.
    *\*scurries off\**
    Uber_Corq, 607, wafflecoffee and 2 others like this.
  8. No worries Kephras, Discord is where all the fun is at. :D
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  9. Wait, I don't get this. :p
    What you want to type is *scurries off*?
    I'd like to let my room cool down over night, but last night it didn't get under 21°C until after the sun had come up, and at that point I had to close my window so I could close the curtain, as I wanted to sleep until 8 AM... At 8 AM it was already too hot to have the window open. :p Going to bed two or three hours earlier is also not possible—well, it's possible, but I won't sleep—because it will be too bright outside to be able to fall asleep for me, even with a high melatonine dose.
    Edit: If you didn't have to close your window until 11 AM today, it must be a lot hotter at your room than at mine.
    Uber_Corq, TomvanWijnen and Egeau like this.
  10. It's just past 1 PM and it's already 28.8 °C in my room... (83.8 °F) :mad:

Huh, but don't you have something that blocks the light from the windows? I can have the sun shining at my window and still only have a tiny, not bright, strip of light entering my room. The reason I can't sleep early is because I'm not tired enough yet or not in sleeping mode (or still doing something :rolleyes:). :p
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  11. Yes, a curtain, but I can't have that in front of it if it's open. :p (my window opens to the inside, if it opened to the outside it would be possible, I suppose)
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  12. Ohh, so you meant sleeping with your curtain open, I see.
  13. Ooh, I'm sorry, I didn't actually check what part you quoted. :oops: I thought you were replying to my reply to Egeau about having the window open early in the morning. I would've noticed if I'd read the rest of your post more carefully, probably. >.< (but I was doing EMC in my room and am doing so again now, so I might make more mistakes :p)
    In that case:
    Exactly, that's what I meant. In winter I would probably be able to sleep a lot earlier, because the sun goes down earlier. Curtains or not, your body is affected in some way by sunrise and sunset times.
    Uber_Corq and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. It's now 30.5 °C in my room and I haven't even been in it for the past two hours.... (86.9 °F)

How dare you! :p :rolleyes: Generally when I don't quote the entire post, it's for a good reason. :p

Hmm, I'm not sure my body is - but I can certainly imagine the regular body being that way. In the evening, I often don't have the lights on in my room, as I'm generally doing something on a screen so there's no need for extra light. If I'm writing, my computer screens give more than enough light to read it. :p
  15. Huh, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of someone actually doing that. :p I've seen it in some stock pictures, but it's not unreasonable to think that some of the situations enacted in stock photographs rarely occur in reality...
    I'm quite extreme to the other side, though, if it's dark outside, even with the lights on at their brightest (I did recently get some brighter lamps which helps), I find it very unpleasant to look at a white page unless f.lux is below 3000K or thereabouts.
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  16. My main monitor is actually at 0% brightness all the time, with my other monitors at a similar brightness. :p

If I have my main monitor display a white page at 100% brightness, it literally hurts my eyes to look at. :p It's quite bright. :p
  17. Quite interesting to see the past several posts are from the same two people. ;)
  18. You just ruined the chain! :rolleyes:
  19. Still, the last 12 posts are by 3 people. :cool: Come to think of it, we probably got a lot more posts with 3 people than that at several points in Counting with Pictures. :p
  20. Is the machine that talks for Stephen Hawking actually Stephen Hawking? o.(o)
    Uber_Corq likes this.