The Random/Not-so-random Post Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Oct 19, 2014.

?

Which of these things do you know?

The cake is a lie. 120 vote(s) 80.5%
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee. 88 vote(s) 59.1%
Darude - Sandstorm 88 vote(s) 59.1%
How has this video 301 views, if there are only 7 people on the earth? :o (Or something alike) 79 vote(s) 53.0%
#ShadyShannon 34 vote(s) 22.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. If you like either friendship or music, go watch either of these. Then you'll probably want to watch the other. And then you have twice two videos more to watch, from 2018 and 2019.

2. I just came across this post of mine from 2014.

Interesting to read back! I'm surprised that I started off with writing, although I guess it might've been primed by the activity that I was currently employed in? :p
    The 'science and stuff' also surprised me, especially psychology! I had no idea that I was interested in that!
    I find it amusing that I mentioned Nitrome. Their games are pretty good, to be fair! It's a shame that they haven't been converted to some other format, with the retirement of Flash. Mojang is also an amusing mention, as besides this one game called 'Minecraft', I had and have played very little of their games. :p
    I like the concept that I proposed of 'making things in other games'. What I did not mention at the time is that Minecraft might be the most suitable game for this. :p I have done quite some Minecraft projects, but they might've all been before 2014.
    I wonder if the newline near the end was a mistake or a deliberate decision?
    MoreMoople likes this.
  3. Watch this video.

Ethy202 and farmerguyson like this.
  4. This is weird.

Does your News Feed look normal?
  5. Yes, but very incomplete.
  6. The 8-year thread lives on..!
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. Well, 7.5 years, it's not yet been 8 years. :p
  8. It's that old? :eek: Wow.
    It still feels like I waited a while until I created it. :p Which I guess I did, but relatively, it's not so long, anymore.
  9. Interestingly, I think that nowadays a status update is seen by significantly more people than a post in this thread!
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  10. I hope this is the right place for my random picture. Last night the color of the fire was just right and the output of heat was intense. Just perfect.
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  11. Looks and sounds great, thanks for sharing. :D
  12. Less pain to farm height wise now, but still a pain to farm quantity wise.

13. YouTube is introducing unique handles for YouTube channels. https://www.youtube.com/handle I don't think I'll be able to get @607, but I really hope that nobody else will be able to do so. :/
  14. You should all watch this series, if you aren't already. :)

It's lots of fun. The same guys also did a trip through Europe, and several 'straight line missions', which are also really cool.
  15. You know the song Do-Re-Mi by Roddgers and Hammerstein? It starts with
    "Let's start at the very beginning
    A very good place to start
    When you read you begin with A-B-C
    When you sing you begin with do-re-mi"
    But yesterday it occurred to me... does anyone begin to read with 'A-B-C'? In schools they surely won't, right? Or are there schools where they do? In school I started to read with 'maan, roos, vis' (moon, rose, fish); the 'C' was probably one of the last letters we got introduced to, as it is quite rare in Dutch.
  16. Well, way back when I entered the school system there was a row of post cards along the wall above the chalk boards that contained each letter of the alphabet along with a picture and the word associated with that picture. I can remember having to start at A and read the word Apple then go to the next card, and so on. That song you refer to was probably written in the early 60's so it would have been valid to make that statement.

I still enjoy watching The Sound of Music.
    607 likes this.
  17. I’m ready!
    Happy Halloween!

farmerguyson and MoreMoople like this.
  18. Started my "world building" journey. I've been picking up a few hobbies of mine which I have left in the dust throughout the years and I have been doing them for almost a month consistently, from music, reading, drawing, and new game dev (unity coding) I want to work towards an eventual story in my mind. Like having a central focus around all the items I do, which I think will help me keep the motivation over the long run :)

Hey, maybe I'll be the next Tolkien ;) Doubt! but still happy about this development in my life.
  19. Hey, that's a cool idea!
    How can you combine reading with world building, though?
  20. Ehhh, mostly inspiration of ideas, but it also helps me with story flow, grammar, and vocab.