The old empire

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jacob5089, Feb 10, 2013.

1. I remember the old 911 on smp1 and the amazing shop that pt used to run and how much money I made selling wood to kells, good times, good times.
    brickstrike and SpaceShuttleFan like this.
  2. I remember when I was at an auction for a dragon egg and bid 13k and everyone was freaking out. Leowaste won it for just 17k. I remember my small wall shop on the first residence I ever had. I remember I hired 4 people to dig out a 3 high underground floor and they accepted 2 stacks of melon slices each. So many things.....
    brickstrike and creepincreepers7 like this.
  3. I remember when we didn't have rupees.
    I remember before Justin implemented the ability to actually have shops.
    I also remember the very first day of EMC.
  4. I remember April Fools, where the Mods disguised themselves and were in town. Everyone was freaking out and claiming hacks and stuff. Aikar disguised himself as an Enderdragon and ripped up my grass and trapped himself in my mooshroom pen. He was then disguised as a chicken helping me rebuild and we got found out by someone who came to see if I needed help rebuilding.

"I am from Planet Minecraft and I am here to judge your server. Can I have OP?" *BANHAMMER*

When Aikar was on SMP7 regularly he kicked people with reasons like "Because I said so." I remember once someone was kicked for a few hours and came back to ask how old he was because "in his picture he looked 15."

When GameKribJeremy stepped down and IcecreamCow was promoted. Oh the confusion for some people. :)

When 14141 was always in stock. *edited for Pablos* :)
  5. When sandstone wasn't so damn expensive. . .
    brickstrike, TheSpyPie and nfell2009 like this.
  6. I remember that... I can't remember who did this, post if you remember, who tried to build a giant space station with a rocket tower, moon, and everything. Good times, good times. I miss those days :(
  7. Oh yes I remembered that I remember going to a Sheep Store with orange and we bought the sheep, the owner had a HUGE hole down to bedrock so when the sheep got out of the fences they instantly jumped into the hole and died. Hahah good times..
  8. I can't remember how long ago this was but it was after that update when we needed automatic restarts every two hours.
    Anyway, Aikar (back when he was just a moderator) accidentally temp banned the entirety of smp1 for a minute, because he was trying to see if he could temp-ban himself. :D
  9. Lol I remember that... 1.3 stunk so bad and was so full of bugs the server was restarted every 2 hours to get rid of all the lag. This went on for about 3-4 weeks.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  10. I remember when Buttros was here... IMO best shop on smp5
    TheSpyPie and jkjkjk182 like this.
  11. Yeah, it was funny because when we came back on after the restart we were greeted with:
    "You have been temp-banned for 1 minute by Aikar. Reason: testing." (or whatever the heck it says)
    Then when everyone got back on he apologized, and said it was an accident.
    Then:
    "Aikar has been temp-banned for 1 minute by Aikar for testing." (or whatever the heck it says)
    vividOptimism likes this.
  12. Lol
  13. I remember when you could build your house just 10 blocks away from spawn (wild) and not get greifed)
  14. We are fixing the mall part... Pm for details...

I remember when Silk Touch I Diamond picks went for over 10k...
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  15. I remember plenty of things from the early Empire years. A few of my favorites:
    • Empire Mob Arena Server
    • Almost Grieferless Wasteland
    • Wasteland
    • Empire Pool
    • the old small Empire shop
    • GamekribJeremy's (otherwise now known as ICC) huge mansion at smp1 spawn
    • play.empireminecraft.com address (now known as smp1)
    • Is it just me or do I always go rambling on about stuff...
    Twitch1 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  16. I remember when there was only SMP1
  17. Rupee Leaderboards
    (I loved those Dark_liz always had the most rupees)

When we still had Roblikescake
    yankees518 likes this.
  18. I miss rob. He was nice
    Nole972 likes this.
  19. Bolded the keyword. And he was nice to some people.
    PandasEatRamen and Nole972 like this.
  20. "Nice".
    PandasEatRamen likes this.