The New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't think so. Now on this I can't speak for the whole group, but I am prejudice against killer bees. So, no killer bees.
    Lasluin likes this.
  2. I missed soo much over this weekend :( I feel like I have some reading to do
  3. Post here and get pm'd :)
    If you wish to help build the city, contact L0tad :)
  4. The New Republic welcomes and celebrates Hylian culture to our nation with open arms.
  5. no :)
  6. Well, I skimmed thru so many posts here. Let me begin by stating that an eagle on a flag design is not "very American". In fact many nations that were formed hundreds of years before America, use an eagle of some sort in their flag or coat of arms (usually European nations but others too).

Secondly, I would like to offer my services to your republic as an economic adviser. I'm well versed in economic lingo and principles, am good with complex math, and have a general knack for profit making under any economic circumstance. Also, I understand and analyze the banking and monetary system quite well and have the ability to generally predict market trends for commodities. If you need someone at the helm of the central bank, I'm your man ;)

Lastly, I'm concerned with transportation. If the nation is placed close to a spawn outpost, then griefing can become a serious issue and a "police" or "security" force would have to be in place. However, if it is far away (like most outposts are) then some sort of controlled transportation needs to exist. Whether it be a surface road or a very well supervised nether railway system, something will be needed.

I believe this to be a very ambitious attempt at a large scale project of sorts EMC has never seen before. If there is enough organization and control, without borderline slavery, this has a chance to work. Good luck guys and let me know if you want my help as stated above.

Zarembo1
    Owner of 601 Plaza - SMP1
    Lasluin likes this.
  7. This is excellent to hear, I'll take a note that you are both economists and I'll certainly use your help when I'm making the central bank :)
    By the way, Zarembo, we do have a Justice Sector who will administrate the courts and police force :)

dude, I have no idea. tell me?
  8. I think the word is revolution, not all sure about that but it fits the dots.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  9. 100 points ;) It fits perfectly! :)

I wondered for some time why a several thousand souls strong community does not have any structure. :)
    Is it because kindergarten and school kids are so well trained to accept the authority and rules without questioning?

The wind of change, is it already blowing?
    The first swallows, are they announcing Spring?
    If there is more than just a short warm breeze, if there is more than just few stray birds -
    then count me in!
    :)

There's nothing wrong in starting small and then grow. Think about how small community structures itself - it elects one representative, one secretary / book keeper (finances) and one moderator / judge. Both starting from there and developing or starting with a more complex structure is an exciting journey.

In this quite unburdened virtual world with infinite water and food sources,
    can we do better than our grandfathers and fathers IRL? :)
    What are the capacities of this community?

There are some very necessary prerequisites ("perks") needed to make a sovereign republic.
    How would ¿ E.......E P...R ? work?
    L0tad and Lasluin like this.
  10. If you still have need/room for workers I"d like to give it a try. Not so much as a builder as I prefer medieval, which make great walls, but I can follow orders...
  11. We have around 15 prospective citizens at the moment, is that more than just a few stray birds? :)
    I know the last word might be 'power', what's the first one?
  12. PM L0tad :)
  13. Sounds good 72Volt. Just make sure you get all your ducks in a row before issuing any currency or making any major financial policies, because these can make or break a nation. Let me know when you want to get together to iron out the details.
  14. Well, maybe if you could join our workforce to get the government buildings built, we could get the currency kickstarted more quickly :)
    Pm L0tad if you're interested :)
  15. Mr. Chance, you are quite correct. This project, in particular, is one of the most ambitious I've seen - even from Volt :D. There are a few key elements at play within the entire community that will effect this project. Mostly, it is far too complicated, so your "market" for this project has just been lowered substantially. Very few will want to be part of something so drastically complicated. Of the remaining "market," those of us that can understand your goals will most likely not want to be so restricted. Also, no where does it show value. Why does anyone want to come out?

Look at Aikar's Eternia and the LLO. Eternia is very simple. It is for those of us who want to live as safely as possible in the wild with the ability to construct amazing things with little to no fear of griefing. The LLO is, in my opinion, quite the opposite. I believe it's main attracting point is, "Let's see how long we can last by building a community in the open."
    AlexChance likes this.
  16. Dumb question: What is Eternia?
    1. It's not that complicated, you ask for citizenship, we let you in, you get to run for office in government if you wish, you get to start a bank or industrial enterprise if you wish, you build cool stuff if you wish, and the government handles all the complicated gears which make the society work :)
    2. The value is derived from the amount you are able to do with the New Republic on your side. Banks are difficult to create in the mainstream Empire, but with the central bank backing you up, it is indeed possible to pursue a financial career in EMC. There's a seperate economy you can participate in which works differently with more ways to make money, and more people to interact with. The everyday citizens themselves are able to fuel expansion by claiming land through industrial and architectural development. If a citizen wishes, they can go out to the mines, haul back a load of diamonds as you would in Minecraft, and receive a currency in return which has a better buying power than the rupee due to the backing of the financial markets. Citizens can even make their own colonies of the New Republic, conquering the wild of EMC, build-by-build. There is plenty of value, trust me. This has the potential to be the biggest project Empire Minecraft has ever seen. Are you telling me that the chance to participate in a game-changing project lacks value?
    ScarTheNinja and Zarembo1 like this.
  17. Best of luck, but don't try to take the wild by storm. Also don't turn into another Delta Squad, or EMC will have your butt up a stick.
  18. I will not turn into another Delta Team, I promise :)
    I have no interests in making the New Republic an official EMC thing, my interests are placed firmly in simulating an economy and state to precise detail in a way that works for people here :)
  19. [quote="72Volt, post: 403734] Complicated Explanation [/quote]

I am simply stating that the project is overly complicated with exceedingly high expectations. Simply look at the numbers. Most all of your projects have lost momentum due to their complexity.

As many have said, you need to start small and build. You should keep your goals, and shape the project as it advances - not before.

Let's also not forget that the majority of EMC members are younger than you. I think that you desire to lead or be a part of a grand movement, something epic, and that takes time. I generally do not post on these matters, but I would like to see you succeed.

Source(s):
    Real life business experience selling to Fortune 1000 companies. (Yes, the business of America is...business.)
    Active Observer of EMC for well over 1 year.
    L0tad and Crazy1800 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.