The Major Update - 7/1/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 1, 2015.

1. The vault trick, likely doesn't work at all anymore. It's on the to-do list to to try and find a remedy
    ThaKloned and cadgamer101 like this.
  2. Eh, its due to the changes in code for ownership. however if you crouch while hitting the sign that will not display the message as you don't interact with shop signs while crouching.

But I guess we could simply remove the message

its my job to keep control on RATE of boss drops entering in the economy.. Otherwise the market for the items will be destroyed.

sorry wont be returning :p
    M4nic_M1ner and bitemenow15 like this.
  3. oh ok, just seemed like you wanted more people fighting them
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. I think there's a paradox between increasing the fights and maintaining the rarity. If he increases the frequency of spawns, he would have to nerf the rates that rare drops occur. Otherwise, the market will get flooded with these "rare" items and the value of each of them will plummet significantly.

Being that obtaining rare items is the entire point of fighting Marlixes and Momentuses to start with, any nerf on the rates will cause a lot of people to get upset. I'm sure that, whether through this tweak or through future tweaks, he'll be able to strike a balance between the two.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. Edit: Apologies for the double-post, but I just discovered on my alt that breaking beds no longer resets the spawn point when you die. If the bed is replaced (even in a different location), you will still spawn at that bed instead of the nearest outpost.
  6. I just tested this and breaking the bed resets spawn point for me...
  7. Previously, when the bed was broken the spawn point reset to the nearest outpost unless you right clicked the bed again. In the several tests I performed the respawn point was still set next to the bed in spite of me not right clicking it. It happened when the bed was replaced exactly where it was before and when the bed was moved to another location.
  8. Okay, I see what you mean. I'm not sure how it was before, but a workaround is to destroy the bed, die, then replace the bed with an alt. Your spawn point will be reset.
  9. if you dont die while the beds broken, the server wont know the bed was broken... thats vanilla mechanics nothings changed there.

It says "you died, spawn at bed, wait no bed is here, go to spawn"
  10. *Quits EMC :p*
  11. Rupee log messages are messed up for some of the items.

E.g. for enchanted items.

It is not possible to distinguish between player buying from another player's shop:
    and chest-shop buying from a player
    while for some other items it is:
    The texts were messed up since years, but until now it was possible to distinguish what was what.

When this is corrected, will the old entries in the rupee log change?

I suggest -

- for player actions:
    Sold to player shop <count> <item> to <player> at <residence>
    Bought from player shop <count> <item> from <player> at <residence>

- for chest-shops:
    Your player shop bought <count> <item> from <player> at <residence>
    Your player shop sold <count> <item> to <player> at <residence>

Thanks & happy 4th of July!
    607 likes this.
  12. That was fixed a few hours ago, but no entries during the period will not be changed. We don't have a way of knowing which ones should of been the other and its not worth the effort to try to switch them.
    M4nic_M1ner and f_Builder_s like this.
  13. Does this apply to signs? Here's what happens to me:
  14. i still can't get the access sign to work. I just tried in my res and it won't set. It erases torians name from sign :/
  15. Weird, torians name isnt long... We found out you can't use some Resource Packs that increase font size for long character names, but that shouldnt be impacting torian

your typing

Code:
    access
    torian42
    right? has to be spelt exactly (case doesn't matter).
    607 likes this.
  16. i type [access]
    torian42

the access will change to all caps and be in the parentheses but then torian's name is not there anymore. I tried placing sign on chest, on top of chest, and on wall directly behind/above chest. then I tried moving the sign away from the chest completely to see if i could get it to work and it did the same thing...
  17. Are you using any mods, texture packs, different launchers?
    607 likes this.
  18. Not sure if this is important but sometimes when clicking on a locked chest, the persons name disappears. It still remains locked but not sure if the name comes back.
  19. no I use the vanilla minecraft launcher...I can get in game again around 3-315 ish if you want to come see. I was going to try to set an access chest elsewhere on my res's to see if it's just that one res but I didnt get around to it yet

EDIT: i just tried placing a chest on all 4 of my res's and making it an access chest. all of them did the same thing. [ACCESS] shows up fine but player name is erased....
  20. Access signs and restrict signs work for me.
    But it only works if I type the name correctly.
    Anything else besides names disappear.
    I'm assuming they updated access and restrict signs to only work for names that exist in EMC.