The Empire Shop is CLOSING in 2017!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 30, 2016.

1. I did use the shop on occasion... but its a benefit for the community by keeping the rupees in circulation through buying from player shops. Probably better overall...

But i do love that build...
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  2. The Empire shop was also one of the Rupee Sinks as well. But now that you cant buy Rupee's I cant see the need for a massive rupee sink anymore. Promos are a Massive Sink as is. hehe
    607 likes this.
  3. Wow.

Just.. wow
  4. Shop was obsolete. After your first 2-3 months, it became irrelevant to your knowledge. The price caps were too pointless for an economy server. If people are willing to pay more and more for prices, then price should be allowed to make up its own mind. Also pyramids are a over built concept.
    BlinkyBinky, 607 and kaptrix like this.
  5. Look up items on this website. :)

Also, it would be cool if the Empire Shop could be visited after it closes (so no one forgets it). It could serve a different purpose or something.
    TomvanWijnen, 607 and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  6. I would say that this should hopefully bring more business to my shop, but I don't have one :D Still sad to see it go though, the Empire Shop is where I bought my first stack of Oak Wood :(
    607 likes this.
  7. Ah, dang....Gonna miss this. Hope what gets put up in it's place is riddled with mysteries.
  8. I think this is a good move. We have so many quality shops that this is not needed anymore. I like that it will still remain for promo items or certain items that can only be bought there like bats eggs.

Definitely agree there. It's been a part of EMC and would be a shame to completely remove it.
  9. But..... I actually use it a lot still because I don't know of that many player shops or where they are and it is annoying to keep doing /v +shop in hopes of finding a good one..... I will miss /shop... Just another thing 2016 has taken from us xD I can do without it though, can't wait to see the new location.
  10. Keep the old build. It's nice. Surely it can be used for something. It's a brave new world now for player shops.
  11. Your best bet is to ask around for player shops. /v +shop isn't good because of all the clutter in it, and because not everyone adds the tag to their shop (or thinks of adding it I should say).
    kaptrix and UltiPig like this.
  12. They removed the original shop. I liked it as my res was beside it but it was more or less the first Empire shop. :p
    ThaKloned likes this.
  13. Yeah true, I did /v +shop today on smp1 I think it was, and it took me to /v 130 which is just a bunch of chests, I guess it was a planned shop but never got stocked.
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  14. But I still use it.... ;,(
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  15. Does this mean the price of items in-game for shopkeepers will eventually go down and settle at a even rupee price?
    CallumDAKing likes this.
  16. I think closing the EMC store is a great idea. You can find a much better deal at the player shops. Additionally, there are player shops that just don't sell but buy items. You have specialty stores that sell speed horses, jump horses, enchanted items (tools, weapons, armor), and etc. And the competition between the stores creates its own market/economy. Just on SMP 5 I know at least of 3 us mega malls/stores that do weekly or monthly price comparisons.

Lastly, how many of us really bought items from the [over-priced] EMC store?
    BlinkyBinky and MissKells like this.
  17. I Have a feeling this is why they were discussing a directory of shops recently.... but if not check for v +directory on each server. many have player ones
  18. Many servers don't. I think it is a real gap in the residence selection on EMC.
  19. Now where am I going to buy my overpriced gold from now. :eek:
    CloverOcean, Sgt_Pepper4 and UltiPig like this.
  20. All the /shop did was set a maximum price for each item, so nobody could sell for more and expect anyone to buy from them, and always guarantee supply, since it never ran out of stock.

Removing the price cap and reducing supply can only raise prices, or maybe they'll just stay the same.

EMC would have to encourage competition if they wanted prices to drop, like if there was a master list of all stocked shops, ordered by price (lowest to highest), so people could just look at it and only ever buy from the top of the list.
    ShelLuser, bloodra1n, Dufne and 2 others like this.