The Empire Shop is CLOSING in 2017!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Wow really? Cool :)
  2. I remember the Old Shop, and seeing that go, and get replaced, not sure i can see any more.... :'(
    Aiyard, slash14459 and UltiPig like this.
  3. Just curious if bat eggs will still be available since /shop is the only place you can get them.

4. This will not cause inflation, player shops already regulate themselves well due to competition and the laws of supply & demand. If anything, I see prices on farmable items and commodities actually dropping. Not due to /shop closing, but because shulker boxes will make it so much easier to transport large quantities from the waste/wild.
  5. RIP some memorabilia of the old staff
  6. True but there are likely 3 - 5 main shops per server that are active and of those, 1 or 2 that are stocked often. I like that they will get more business, that is good but when you are doing a mega build and every shop on EMC runs out of Quartz or other high demand items, it was nice to have a fall-back (i.e. /shop) location to get materials from without having to raid /waste for them.

Maybe I'm the oddball here..

At the same time tho, this will definitely encourage more buy locations. I personally just like to have materials on demand when I want them. :)

Also you made an excellent point about the use of Shulker Boxes. That should help to keep shops better stocked.
  7. Well, I may not have some of the big stuff that big malls have but I have a good shop too. My res is also a fishing res and I hope everybody can come to my shop @ smp6 at 12932.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  8. Any items that are /shop only will remain, since they don't affect player market.
  9. Chickeneer posted a thread recently asking for suggestions on how to promote players shops. Here is a link although I suspect these two events are probably related.

If a fair way of doing it could be found, perhaps you would consider allowing players to use /Shop for player shop portals, advertising kiosks, or something similar?
  10. As chicken put in the thread for that, his plans are coming later (as in months later) if he figures it all out. So yes, we have the plans in place for that to accompany this in the future.
  11. The old shop was indeed pretty nice when I started out but the inflation of player shops proves to better the old shop so power to the players but yet I am sad to see it go but glad that 2017 will bring new opportunities

12. So when a large store or in this case this mall
    Closes there are always going out of business sales
    So when will that happen?
  13. Never, with normal stores there's limited stock which can get sold out. For the Empire shop, the items get generated.
    UltiPig likes this.
  14. Consider this the going out of business sale. :p
    Some of these prices could be better than the market value later.
    607 and MajorHaze like this.
  15. I LOVE this! I see/hear about new players using up so much of their money not knowing there are other ways of getting those items.. It always makes me sad. I was once one of those new people and I spent lots of my rupees there. :oops: Again.. so glad this is leaving and making way for newer and better ways of doing things. :D
    Nickblockmaster, Kytula, 607 and 3 others like this.
  16. I remember buying like 8 diamonds with my starter rupees in the EMC quickshop, then being slaughtered by netherhounds with them on me.. :oops:
  17. Ideally, the /shop location would also be a place where shop owners can "register" their shop. Perhaps even have a teleport to them (per server, of course).

On topic...Is there a "market value" tracker? Something that would tell us what the average price of something is?
    azoundria, Vortixin and Dragonritz like this.
  18. I remember when starting out on emc and couldn't find an item in player shops, I would go to the /shop. Realizing later on it was crazy expensive.. happens when you can't wait. Can't lie going to miss the fellow.
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  19. The only time I ever used the shop was to escape the pyramid and explore the rest of the world :p I need to get some fancy shader screenshots before its gone.
    MaglorYavetil and BlinkyBinky like this.