The Empire Shop is CLOSING in 2017!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Thank you for the reply :) I appreciate the insight you have given me.
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  2. I've been here before and it's helpful, but is it consistently updated? I've seen some postings where the store/mall no longer exists. It would be ideal if it were monitored regularly.
    607 likes this.
  3. The shop was purposefully kept one update behind so that new item process could be set by the natural player economy. It currently holds up to 1.8 items (because we were 1.9).
    ShelLuser and ChespinXMas2k16 like this.
  4. He isn't talking about the EMC shop, but about Azoundria's tool.
    UltiPig likes this.
  5. I assume the new shop will go into effect right away after the removal of the old one, and in the next 1-2 days?
  6. It will go into effect at the same time.
    Sgt_Pepper4 and finch_rocks_1 like this.
  7. WELL I disagree with you closing the EMC shop because many time I am looking for materials or items only to find "Out of Stock" in the 3 stores I go to. I try to find other stores to go to but many are not stores at all, just residences. I wonder if it is possible to have an index of all valid stores where there is actual items for sale. I have some stuff that I might want to sell but not a lot, how do I advertise these items? Many of the stores only sell common items that I can make anyway. What I need are the items that are not easy to get like Beacons.
  8. There are mentions of something very similar to that in the chickeneer thread that was referenced.
    Can you honestly say that you are going to buy a nether star from /shop at the low low price of 150,000r each?
  9. Dude there's a shop that sell beacons for 11.5k each.. /v 10959 or something like that I believe.
  10. The only thing I used /shop for was cobwebs because of how difficult they were to find in shops or natually and they weren't ridiculously expensive. Sad to see those leaving. Otherwise, I kinda like the idea of removing /shop.
    607 likes this.
  11. With the change to shears in 1.9 cobwebs should be more available going forward. It actually provides a good use for the voters shears which were practically useless before. I know when I explore an abandoned mine I coollect the cobwebs, might have to add them into +rr now.
    607 likes this.
  12. Yeah, I knew they could be collected. I just never seem to find mineshafts when I go exploring/mining. That's why I always bought them.
    607 likes this.
  13. Everything is as up to date as players make it, through providing rupee history or editing the listings. You have the ability to remove any listings that are out of stock (the 'Out' link) or no longer exist (the 'Gone' link). If an entire shop or mall doesn't exist then private message me and I can take down all the listings at once. (I didn't make anything public for this.)

If you have any further feedback on the site, then put it in the thread for my site as it's somewhat off-topic for here.
    607 likes this.
  14. Now I have a bunch of shears with silk on them and it counts for nothing getting cobwebs. After two years of collecting them I almost have a DC full of them now. I guess it will be easier and cheaper to collect them now that silk is not required. "Cheaper" is the optimum word though, in my above statement, now that silk is no longer required.
    607 likes this.
  15. Something occurred to me and I'm curious: Does this also mean that shop signs will become usable in the waste & wilderness? Reason I ask: every outpost has an Empire quickshop, and I know for a fact that this is often used by players who actually venture out.

A good example: you're mining on a remote island (EMC outpost sits in an ocean) and you die, but you forgot to use a bed (set your spawnpoint). And so you end up on the outpost again. Many (not all of course) players will then run up to the quick shop, buy a boat and speed back to make sure they're in time to pick up their items.

I'm also not sad to see the Empire shop go but suddenly I did wonder about the quick shop. As such my question, I think it could be fun if players were able to pick up on that as well and create shops in the waste & wild to compensate for that. There are plenty of nutjobs (I'm one of them!) who will easily build whole structures & areas in the waste if they feel that it helps players out. And I'm only doing mining tunnels so far (safer mining access for players), you should see some of the public (waste) farms on smp2! :).

But to balance that out a bit maybe it would be possible to limit the amount of shop signs players can make outside town. Five for example, that would practically force you to either band together if you want to provide an "all in one" solution OR... It would be just enough to set up your own "quick shop" near an outpost (example: boat, wooden plank, diamond sword, food and a totem of undying or a woodland mansion map would be a useful combination). But.. because of the limit you could only do that in one place so that other players will also get a fair chance of setting up their shop. Heck, this way 4 individual players could easily service one outpost.

Maybe food for thought? It would definitely add a new challenge to the game :)
    607 likes this.
  16. The relevant items in quickshop (not diamonds) dodged the dust storm and will be staying at the outposts.
    We will adjust them as is deeemed necessary.
    JohnKid, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  17. Maybe there can be a poll created with the most required items for a new person. Stuff like buckets, minecarts, etc. Nothing over the top.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. A poll for something like this is not necessary when we have the logs to show it instead.
    Older players looking at what a new player needs may miss something obvious.
  19. I personally think the price of cobwebs shouldn't have dropped a huge amount. They're still a lot of effort to go out and get to that mineshaft and harvest. Acquiring silk shears was never really much of a challenge compared to that. I've been looking to add cobwebs to my shops for some time now, but always could never find enough. How much are you hoping to get for them?
    607 likes this.
  20. You do have a point there. It was really the time it took to collect near a DC of them and not really the fact of making silk shears. Price wise... I'll have to see once I have a full DC. An auction of a DC of cobwebs is unprecedented in the auction archives but I have looked around at shop prices.
    Tuqueque likes this.