The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. It is a handy site for if you want to find how many are left for a car :) Comes right up when you type in how many left car into a search! :p
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  2. Here we have some of my first "professional" pictures of my car :)

luckycordel and 607 like this.
  3. My car is letting in some water. I think there may be a couple places on the driver's door seal that may be the problem, but trying to find the sources is really hard...
  4. Okay, so the water is coming in because my door isn't on properly... comes in from the top of the door and falls inside because the seal doesn't press against the door!
  5. My first car is a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 (1999). Pretty much Britain's most common car (on par with the ford fiesta). I've been learning a while now and I'll be booking my test next week (theory already done). This isn't my car but my car is almost identical to this one.

luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  6. I'm not the biggest fan of the Corsa myself, but if you want a cheaper first car which is easy to use, practical and easy to get parts for, it's a pretty good contender! I'd take the Fiesta over it but that's probably because my dad has had several Fords and they've all been great :p When it comes to my actual car, I'm very happy with my old Panda from 1993 ;)

I've only just started learning and I've got my theory done, but I'm a little while off that test. Hopefully I get it all done soon, good luck to you Jake!
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. Thanks. I didn't actually buy the corsa myself, it's essentially a free car for me (lucky). It's been somewhat passed down the family, it used to be my grandad's, then my brothers and now it's mine. But only 40k on the clock which is good for a car of its age. It's not the best to drive admittedly. I got too used to decent power steering on my instructors car (also a corsa). The steering on my car requires a lot more effort and is not 'light' like on newer cars. I'll be looking to get a newer car in a year or so, when I have more money. Good luck with the lessons FDNY, to me driving was quite a challenge to start with, but when you get used to it it's pretty good fun. :)
  8. That's good, free cars are good cars, no matter what it is :p The Panda I bought has 26k on the clock, so less than yours and it's 6 years older ;) But it does come with its problems, i.e. when it rains I get a few small puddles in my car. Working on fixing that ASAP...

Agreed with you on the steering, though these cars are smaller so still not as bad as my friend's Land Rover Series II xD That sounds good, let us know what you get! Thank you, Jake!
    TheLegendaryJake likes this.
  9. If the rest of the door sit in the jam good, place a 1x4 in the jam by the mirror. Making sure your window is down! close door by pushing on the top left corner. It will bend easy. Hope this helps.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  10. I opened the door earlier, put two posts behind it with a pillow in between and used my hands to bend it back. It's still not perfect, perhaps I'll have to go for that option! What do you mean by 1x4, some wood? I should put it in next to where the door hinges are? Trying to bend the top half but trying to find a better way of doing it
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. Check out this beauty, met the owner a few months back. Got to take a ride in it.

Let's just say that the road in front of you disappears quite fast while driving in this

12. ...and a cool shot of the company truck from last year
    luckycordel, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  13. The McLaren cars have always been very fast - very lucky for you to get a ride in one, it must have been great! I've not been in a supercar driving around but I've been in drift cars and a classic BMW, and it's great fun! Perhaps I'll get a ride in a supercar one day :D Unless my Fiat Panda counts... ;)
    Jelle68, 607 and AbstractToast9 like this.
  14. 1x4 - 2x4 yes wood. Put it in the jam just like your pillow. You will still use your hands to bend it back to shape. I do this often. you'll need to move the wood as you go. Good Luck !
    FDNY21 likes this.
  15. So you'd put the wood inside the door and close the door up to the wood, with the wood in between the body and the door, and then push the top towards the car, and then continue by moving the wood further along the door and carrying on? :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  16. Absolutely! You got it:D
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  17. I'm slightly confused about the wood position, is it on top of the bottom door seal or is it resting on the floor but in between the door (slightly open) and the side of the car? :p My guess is on the floor with the door slightly open! :)
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  18. Yes it just hold the door open for you while you push on the part that sticks out. placement of the wood will very so use your judgement.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  19. The door has been bent back enough so that it doesn't allow water in any more :) Still lets it in under the rear seats, but I talked to a person who owns 20 classic Pandas and he said he's going to send my some better screws for the screw in points above my boot seal. Hopefully that fixes it all!

My Panda 1000 badge is ready to go but my Fiat and Fire badges had defects. I've contacted the company, hopefully they send some better ones!
  20. Here's another update on the f-100. Doors going to the upholster for leather door panels, seat & visors. :D Dash & Wheels are all that's left to be painted before final assembly:D Hope yall like!

Edit - not sure why images not showing:(:confused:
    FDNY21 likes this.