The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. You should put the links to the direct images between the [IMG] tags :) (one image per)
    I'd show you how to but I'm on iPad at the moment and I can't very easily.
    luckycordel likes this.
  2. Imgur doesn't look the same, there's no direct link. At lease I haven't found it. Thx 607 I'll keep trying.
  3. Okay, at a desktop now, I'll figure it out :)
    Okay, so if you follow the link you posted between the [IMG] tags, you'll get to an imgur album with 4 pictures. Now, middle click on each of those pictures. That'll get you to the page with the image on them, you can copy the url from there.

:D
    FDNY21 and luckycordel like this.
  4. Thx to 607! There's my update.:D
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  5. Looking good cordel, really taking shape! Some nice leather and it's going to look great! Are you going to be painting it all some time as well? If so, what colour? :D
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  6. Thanks, Fendy!
    The only things that will have paint (color) is the interior, firewall, wheels & frame. The body is wet sanded & clear coated. So all the dents, scratches are still there.:eek: Just shiny! The interior of the truck will look new. The colors are 1965 Wimbledon White, Dash will be Mate Black same as frame, wheels Gloss Black. This is my version of a rat rod.:confused::rolleyes:
    Dash & Wheels are all I have left to paint. Then final assembly :D
  7. That rat rod look does look quite good on the old American trucks, I saw a couple of rusty old American Fords up in north England a few days back and it just really suits it. Not sure if they still get used or not but I hope so! Though the laws on road worthiness are a bit stricter here I believe :p

Sounds quite close to the finishing stages then perhaps? Paint and then put it altogether! We expect pictures when it's built! :D
  8. Here in the States, there are a lot of "rat rods" that shouldn't be on the road. There built poorly & most of the time Dangerous. Not all are that way. The f-100 I'm working on is a frame off build. It basically a new truck that looks old. All the rust, ie. floors has been replace. Some States are more strict then others. Bama is pretty relaxed, maybe too relaxed lol. :rolleyes:
    As you can tell I'm no Photographer,:eek: but I'll keep sending pictures.
  9. If you have poorly built/rusty pieces then you'll get problems here in the UK, we have an annual MOT where the vehicle is checked for safety/road worthiness/all buttons working/tyre tread depth etc. Rust holes in the sill and it'll get a fail, meaning no driving for you until it's fixed :p

I mean it's not horrific, if you've got surface rust like I have a bit on the door and some parts in the engine, they don't care. It's just when it becomes unsafe or when something isn't working when it becomes a problem. I'd say it's a good thing the system is in place :D

Back to your build, yep, looks like it's been done very well! Great chassis with all the old stuff on the body, no problems that will make it any more unsafe. I say more because it was made before the time of crumple zones and airbags... then again, my '93 Panda has neither of those either ;)

I wasn't the best photographer at first but I've had lots of practice with a proper camera now, so I'm not too shabby! Just try and centre the car usually, or fit it in with the scenery to make it fit. It all falls into place, even if I have to take 20 pictures of the same thing :p
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  10. RIP, bought a Fiat Seicento badge instead of a Cinquecento one so it's not the right one for my Panda. Partsworld-UK told me the Sei one would fit so that's a shame... their customer service is so slow too. Got in contact with them, hope it's quick and easy to sort, and not painfully slow like it has been!
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. Just got a new Sei style badge and fire badge from Partsworld. That's great, apart from the fact I still need a Cinq tailgate badge as opposed to a Sei one! Hopefully I can get it traded. Sigh... :p
    luckycordel likes this.
  12. Some lovely pictures of my rust that I'm yet to figure out how I'm going to sort out :p Probably sand it down, get all rust off, repaint, and waxoil on the inside, maybe rust killer too...? I'm getting some help with it from Fiat Forum, my dad and my uncle as well :)

Exterior corner rust:

Inside door corner nearest wings:

Inside door corner that swings outward:

Inside centre:
  13. Dash painted! A little more shine then I wanted. Semi gloss should have went Mate. But happy with it
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  14. I think it's just the right amount of shine, I like it! Nice to see it taking another step further! :)

As far as my badges are going, Partsworld customer service is appalling and they're quite bad at getting back to people...

EDIT: got a reply. Their excuse was staff holidays over the summer :p At least I know what to do now :)
  15. Badges are going back in the mail tomorrow. Correct one has been ordered. Should be refunded for old ones when they are received :) What a fuss, eh :p
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  16. Glad to hear you got it straighten out.:D There's a few places I order from, that give me fits when something wrong. (not the right part / or broken):mad: Will make your head hurt!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  17. Right now I'm the cost of the new badge out of pocket until the old one gets back to them and is refunded, but oh well :p I think the service is a really useful one and they do parts that nowhere else does so I need it there, but the communication was horrific with them! Took two weeks to sort it all out... too long, should have only been a few days for what it was >_>
  18. De-badged...

Re-badged! Finally :D
  19. Looking good Fendy, glad you got that taking care of!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  20. Still waiting on a refund for those incorrect badges, but at least I've got all the badges I need on the car now! :p
    luckycordel likes this.